Spa turns on for no reason

Mike,

I was kidding about just doing one at a time. Notice the little :p What I meant to say is... based upon the screenshots, it made sense that they worked when turned on one at a time..

Why do you have two "Sam2" lights??? I only see one in the set up..

If this were my pool, I would remove the lights listed in the Special lights window one at a time and see if the spa problem goes away.. I would start with the Sam2 lights..

If nothing else, it might allow us to narrow down what is causing the problem.

Now that I think about it, Sam2 is not an IntelliBrite, it should be Sam... You need to change that...

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, i replied earlier but I don't see it here. I know what you meant in the other post, and i think my lightheartedness didn't come through in my reply. it's all good.

The sam2 lights are Pentair globrites. there re two of them in my baja ledge. the pool light and spa lights are J and J electronics LED's which are intellibrite compatible. should I change those to something else? i changed the sam2 lights to "pool lights" as they are in the pool and not the spa. this had no effect on the original problem.

another issue though is that the pool light and spa light (J and J's) do not sync with the globrites when set on a themed light show. i gave up on that unless anybody has an idea there?

Attachments

• Screen Logic 8.PNG
    Screen Logic 8.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 25
Mike,

I looked at the manual for your Globrites and they should have a "Function" of IntelliBrites... So I was not correct when I suggested changing them to Sam..

Did you go into the Special Lights section and remove the two lines that originally said "Sam2".. Just leave one line that says Pool Light and one line that says Spa Light..

The idea was that if you removed them from the Special Lights section and then when you hit All On, if the spa did not turn on, we would know it was something to do with the Sam2 lights. Why would there be two lines?

Also in your current set up you have two "Pool Light" circuits... One for Aux 2 and one for Aux 4.. I would not use the same name for both circuits.

Jim R.

the other pool light is what was the sam lights (globrite) there is no option for globrite in the menu, the closest is just pool light. there are two globrites. they should be wired together i would assume. i would have to look in the jbox. they are separate because they re low voltage.

Jim, you're the best!

I renamed the Globrites "Pool Low" due to them being low voltage. I removed the first one in the special lights section and that did it. all lights come on at the same time, and no spa function.

so what does this mean?

sorry for the slow responses today, i'm putting ledger stone on my fire pit and digging post holes..... :mad:

Mike,

Two things... If you look at the set up pages you see Circuit, then Circuit Name and then Circuit Function...

"Circuit" is fixed and can't be changed like Aux 2

"Circuit Name" is what you want to call the Circuit.. you can call it anything you like.. Pool Light or anything else that lets you remember what it is for.. You do not have to rename it if you don't want.. and you can just call it Aux 2. You generally never label or call two different "Circuits" with the same "Circuit Name".

"Circuit Function" is what you add if there are any special functions that the Circuit has. You need to select "IntelliBrite" so that the EasyTouch knows they are IntelliBrite lights... and not regular lights..

Edit... Looks like you got it running... :goodjob:

The way the system appears to be set up it that one of your pool lights turns on when you select Aux 2 and the other pool light turns on when you select Aux 4. Your Spa light turns on when you select Aux 3... Is this how it works when you select the lights one at a time?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, you're the best!

I renamed the Globrites "Pool Low" due to them being low voltage. I removed the first one in the special lights section and that did it. all lights come on at the same time, and no spa function.

so what does this mean?

Mike,

It means nothing... You only have three lights and you now have those three lights on the Special Lights page.. In theory, things should work..

I would try to re-sync the lights and see if you can get everything to work now.

Good luck and please let us know if you have anymore questions..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.