Spa turns on for no reason

Mike,

Tell us more about what actual turns on?? Do both the Intake and Return valves rotate to the spa position, or does the spa just spill over into the pool or???

Do you have a hardwired Spa control panel in the spa wall itself? Does you pump go to the Spa speed or ???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the reply.

No hardwired spa side remote. The spa program turns on. Servo valves turn to the spa setting and the heater kicks on. The pump does go to the set spa speed.

Heres a screen shot hit of my one and only active schedule.

Attachments

• B02F29A3-137C-40E6-BEE0-E1E48EE4477F.jpg
    B02F29A3-137C-40E6-BEE0-E1E48EE4477F.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 89
I don’t know the ET8 so this may be a dumb question ... does it have a different section for cleaner schedule? Could the spa be turning on as part of a cleaner program.

If left on does the spa turn off at some time?

Mike,

I can't think of anything at the moment...

Did you program using your PC or phone?

Is your Cleaner on any kind of circuit???

Do you have remotes other that ScreenLogic?

I would go into the main panel (not ScreenLogic) under Schedules and ensure that nothing is in the ET other than the one you want..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Go to the main panel and hit the menu button, scroll to Spa side, hit select. Remote at spa should now be [off]. Now monitor the system for the next few days. If the spa remains off, then your spa side remote has failed. Or at least that particular button has (spa).

Sometimes when the remote fails, it is like someone is out there pushing the button.

Oh, ok then scratch all that, and look for a program for the spa. I would look in the schedules menu at the E/T controller, not on your screen logic.
MENU/SCHEDULES/SPA

If this is happening always on the same days, and always at the same times (on and off), there is a program in there, hidden (bug) or otherwise. It may be necessary to erase the EEPROM to fix. But exhaust every idea first because rebuilding all the settings can be a pain (time, date, schedules, labels, features if any, etc.)

UPDATE:

the spa turns on when I turn on the pool lights at night. Taking advice above, I deleted all spa schedules, only have one pool schedule.

When I turn on the lights using screen logic on iPhone, spa turns on. When I turn the lights off, spa turns off.

My Pentair rep that installed my equipment named the vs pump “intelliflo spa light” I can’t figure it out. Need some help here.

How do I delete this program that doesn’t exist anywhere I can find, and how do I rename my pump?

all help appreciated!

Attachments

• D27F1B7C-A74C-4530-BD07-CAB7197C1DF8.jpg
    D27F1B7C-A74C-4530-BD07-CAB7197C1DF8.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 55
  • C0B359C1-751E-4C87-89B1-DB40104D720D.jpg
    C0B359C1-751E-4C87-89B1-DB40104D720D.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 53
Mike,

This is not just a name problem, something is not set up correctly. I need to see the pages from the ScreenLogic configuration side.. On my PC they look like the following and tell me what each circuit is supposed to do or control...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim, here are some screen shots of my configuration. when i turn the light on, not only does the spa turn on, the valves turn as well....

Attachments

• Screen Logic 1.PNG
    Screen Logic 1.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Logic 2.PNG
    Screen Logic 2.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Logic 3.PNG
    Screen Logic 3.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Logic 4.PNG
    Screen Logic 4.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 36
Mike,

The good news is that I don't see anything wrong, the bad news is that I don't see anything wrong. :confused:

Do you have remotes of any kind, other than your ScreenLogic on your PC or phone???

I'll contact one of our experts that has installed a number of EasyTouch systems and see if he has any ideas.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

Well just turn them on one at a time... :p That makes sense based upon your screen shoots.

What does it say under "Special Lights" page 2 of the set up...

Jim R.

Thanks Brian... until the OP said it only happened when doing the All on, or All off, I would have never even thought of looking under Special Lights...

Jim R.

Mike/Brian,

Just for grins I set my "Waterfall" from Generic to IntelliBrite... It then showed up under the lights menu and when I hit All On, the waterfall came on as well as the light.

But... When I reset it to Generic instead of IntelliBrite.. the menu option goes away, so I am not sure how it would get on the special lights menu without being set up as IntelliBrite and you can't set Spa to IntelliBrite...

An interesting puzzle.. but I believe that we are on the right path..

Jim R.

On screen 2 or 5 click the box that says Special Lights and open it up. There should be a drop down that allows you to select the circuits that turn on/off with the All On/off button.

Is the Spa circuit assigned to that?

Here's the screenshot of the "all on" assignments, I don't see anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Mike,

Well just turn them on one at a time... :p That makes sense based upon your screen shoots.

What does it say under "Special Lights" page 2 of the set up...

Jim R.

Thanks Brian... until the OP said it only happened when doing the All on, or All off, I would have never even thought of looking under Special Lights...

Jim R.

Doesn't look like there is anything there. There's no problem just turning them on one at a time, but that's not the point. It's doing something that it shouldn't, and I would like to resolve it. i certainly appreciate all the help as I'm new to this stuff, this is my first pool and i built it myself. It took a year of working after work and on many weekends, so with that sweat investment, I just want it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike/Brian,

Just for grins I set my "Waterfall" from Generic to IntelliBrite... It then showed up under the lights menu and when I hit All On, the waterfall came on as well as the light.

But... When I reset it to Generic instead of IntelliBrite.. the menu option goes away, so I am not sure how it would get on the special lights menu without being set up as IntelliBrite and you can't set Spa to IntelliBrite...

An interesting puzzle.. but I believe that we are on the right path..

Jim R.

That is interesting. now I'm even more confused!! ;):)

Attachments

• Screen Logic 7.PNG
    Screen Logic 7.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 27
Mike,

I was kidding about just doing one at a time. Notice the little :p What I meant to say is... based upon the screenshots, it made sense that they worked when turned on one at a time..

Why do you have two "Sam2" lights??? I only see one in the set up..

If this were my pool, I would remove the lights listed in the Special lights window one at a time and see if the spa problem goes away.. I would start with the Sam2 lights..

If nothing else, it might allow us to narrow down what is causing the problem.

Now that I think about it, Sam2 is not an IntelliBrite, it should be Sam... You need to change that...

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.