Spa temp can't be controlled via Screenlogic app any longer

Picojohnson

Apr 16, 2023
Texas
Screenlogic worked fine for a while. Now on Android interface, spa temp controls don't work. I can turn off and on every function, turn heater on, etc, but the temp just goes up to the setting of the mastertemp (104) and disregards the temp setting from the screenlogic app. I've tried replacing the two water temp sensors and the thermistor, to no avail. I've also checked the settings in the easy touch control panel box and reset the protocol adapter. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Super annoyed.

Super,

I doubt it has anything to do with ScreenLogic.

I suspect that the small heater relay on your EasyTouch is stuck closed.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Basically, the heater is set to 104 degrees, but the EasyTouch opens or closes the gas heater relay to control the temperature of the heater. With the relay stuck closed the heater will run until it gets to 104.

If you have voltmeter, set it to read 24 Volts AC. Put one probe on one side of the gas heater connector and the other probe on the other side of the heater connector. Set your ScreenLogic set point to a temperature that should turn the heater off. If you get zero volts then relay is closed. If you get 24 VAC, then the relay is working and something else it the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Picojohnson
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.