SGD

Jan 18, 2021
Australia
Hi,
We have done a big renovation, spa spills over into the main pool. The plumbers ran the pipes under a new section of the house and now we have the pipe work to reconnect to our new equipment.
Pool has pump, sand filter, chlorinator.
Spa has pump, cartridge, heat and chlorinator.
As we weren’t there when the plumber did his piping, I just would like some advice on how to plumb everything back in correctly as I don’t have before pictures.
The spa has three outlets on the spa floor, there is 4 jets at seat level, a skimmer and one additional (what looks like a jet) at the very bottom of the spa.
From the image attached of the pipes, can anyone assist please? The pool side of things I am pretty confident with, but the spa I am trying to work out suction and returns as well as pool overflow return.
Thank you

Attachments

• C074BF2C-7CB3-4917-8E12-E14B6ADD6562.jpeg
    C074BF2C-7CB3-4917-8E12-E14B6ADD6562.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi and welcome to TFP.
It appears the plumber (or you) marked some of the pipes.
Suction to you spa pump will be from a floor drain and the skimmer that are in your spa. Not sure why you have 3 floor outlets as most spa drains have 2 (which are connected to a single pipe). Is your spa very large? It could have 3 or maybe a different regulation in Australia. These pipes would be normally the larger diameter pipes to ensure good suction.
The 4 jets are the returns to the spa which can be connected to 1 pipe back to the equipment pad or could be multiple pipes.
The single jet at the bottom (I assume this is not on the floor like the spa drains) could be the return from the pool return lines to create the spa spillover into the pool. So when in pool mode you have the pool pump push water to the pool returns as well as to a single jet in the spa to create the spillover and also keeps the spa chlorinated just like your pool.

Hope this helps and others may add to this. You may want to post a picture of your spa and pool also.

Hi and welcome to TFP.
It appears the plumber (or you) marked some of the pipes.
Suction to you spa pump will be from a floor drain and the skimmer that are in your spa. Not sure why you have 3 floor outlets as most spa drains have 2 (which are connected to a single pipe). Is your spa very large? It could have 3 or maybe a different regulation in Australia. These pipes would be normally the larger diameter pipes to ensure good suction.
The 4 jets are the returns to the spa which can be connected to 1 pipe back to the equipment pad or could be multiple pipes.
The single jet at the bottom (I assume this is not on the floor like the spa drains) could be the return from the pool return lines to create the spa spillover into the pool. So when in pool mode you have the pool pump push water to the pool returns as well as to a single jet in the spa to create the spillover and also keeps the spa chlorinated just like your pool.

Hope this helps and others may add to this. You may want to post a picture of your spa and pool also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.