Spa no longer spilling over during regular daily schedule

Feb 22, 2017
Tampa
When the builder originally programmed our pool, we set the spa returns to run during the daily pool schedule so we could circulate water in the spa and enjoy the spill over during the day time. A few weeks ago the spa returns stopped working during this normal cycle, so the spa water hasn't been circulating unless we run the spa mode. We haven't touched the programming, and the pool, spa, waterfall, etc. features are working perfectly. I need help troubleshooting, but haven' the slightest idea where to start. Below is a picture of our plumbing, and please note we have 4 actuators: 1) split between spa and pool drains, 2) split between spa and pool returns, 3) heat return, and 4) pool return.

XcYe08R.jpg

I9x59Yw.jpg

You have a spa makeup line. It appears there is a check valve there between the Heater and Pool return? Or is that a valve?

You can set up a Spillway function in your Screenlogic and eliminate the Spa makeup line function. Up to you.

It would make sense to set the valve and remove the handle so it wouldn't inadvertently get moved. There's also what looks like a check valve just under the rocks.

You don't think someone moved that valve and stopped the spillover?

Post a wider view if your plumbing so we can see a wider view showing both sides of the pipe I put an arrow on.

Post a side view of the valve circled in blue.

Post a side view of the valve circled in blue in post #7..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't see any where on the screen logic where I can program the spillover. Our pool guy did everything on the box outside. Is there a TFP link that shows how to do this? :)
@Jimrahbe has the Screenlogic knowledge!

On the spa makeup line, either the valve got closed or the check valve is stuck. If you want to temporarily get water to the spa, on the actuator just to the right of the Spa labeling, use the switch on the actuator to partially open that valve. It will let some of your water go to the spa.

Manny,

If the spillover just quit on its own, the very first thing I would be looking at would be your filter... A dirty filter can easily case the spillover to stop or reduce to a trickle..

I really doubt that your pool builder "scheduled" the spillover function.. Maybe, but most builders do not have a clue what the spillover function does. To eliminate this possibility, please show me your "circuits" page like the one below... (Could take two screenshots..)

View media item 1964
It is possible that someone turned the make up valve off, but if the handle was removed, that makes it doubtful.. The check valve prevents water from going the opposite direction so possible, but unlikely, that the check valve would keep the water from flowing into the spa.

What is your filter pressure and when was the last time you cleaned it??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.