ps6000

Jan 23, 2021
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I noticed the other day the spa in the spa pool unit was half empty. I looked around and noticed the actuator was broken. Looks like water got into the actuator. The valve was leaking so I replaced the gaskets in the three way valve as well. All of that being said the spa is still leaking.

I believe that the problem is with the placement of the diverter. When reinstalling the diverter what should the diverter be blocking?

Attachments

• 293334A7-09F7-428C-B89F-C3DE30D45CAB.jpeg
    293334A7-09F7-428C-B89F-C3DE30D45CAB.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 9
In POOL mode the handle should be pointing toward the pool label.

In SPA mode the handle should be 180 degrees opposite pointing towards the spa label.

Make sure the diverter is properly positioned to fully close a pipe. You may need to adjust the cams in the actuator.

I can’t see the position of the diverter from the pic you posted.

In POOL mode the handle should be pointing toward the pool label.

In SPA mode the handle should be 180 degrees opposite pointing towards the spa label.

Make sure the diverter is properly positioned to fully close a pipe. You may need to adjust the cams in the actuator.

I can’t see the position of the diverter from the pic you posted.
Does this look right? Also the position seems identical to the old actuator.

Attachments

• 4714D70F-6507-4F3D-B516-648B0EE81570.jpeg
    4714D70F-6507-4F3D-B516-648B0EE81570.jpeg
    684.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok, so I think I figured this out. I was hearing some hissing from another valve. I opened it up, applied some magic lube and closed it up. What I think happened is while I was fixing the first valve I must have hit the first one or put some bad pressure into the system which broke the seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.