I have a spa that overflows to the pool.

In the spa, there are four jets that come from a dedicated pump. I just got this pump working. Before then, the spa got water from one jet that is plumbed to the main pump.

The issue is that I don't think I am using the right jets. When I bought the house two years ago, the four jets were just capped off. So I removed the caps and put pool eyeballs in their place.

The water does flow through them. However, there is an air inlet pipe which is by the pump which current lets out quite a bit of water when the pump is on. No air comes out of the outlets.

I don't quite understand how the air inlet pipe is supposed to work.

Is there a a particular jet that I am supposed to use?

Pictures of the setup would be helpful - but my first guess is, if you have a larger (1.5" or so) pipe that is open-ended and spews water when the spa pump is on, that maybe that pipe by the equipment pad is for a blower to get air into the lines with the water? I would guess that the plumbing layout would help diagnose that possibility....

Edit: How is the pressure of the water out of those newly-opened jets? Eyeballs are probably fine...... maybe. My spa lost its eyeballs years ago, and I don't really miss them.

Ok, here are some photos. The spa, the pad, and the pipe in question.

But I am pretty sure you got it right that this used to have an air blower on it.

The only thing I don't get is how the air then gets to the jets. Is it a separet pipe, or the air goes down the same pipe as the water?

Ok, I took off one of the eyeballs, and inside the pipe, I can feel that there is an air outlet pipe at the top - so that confirms the air inlet pipe theory.

But I am still not sure if the eyeballs are correct for the spa jets, or it is supposed to be something different because of the air inlet line?

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.