Spa jets not working on one side

CableGary

May 11, 2022
South Florida
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently purchased a home and after trying to use the spa for the first time I realized that the jets on one side work well. On the other side however one of the jets is barely pushing water with bubbles and the other jet is completely dead. I used a shop vac to blow water through it and both jets are definitely not clogged. I tried to upload a video to this post but could not attach .mov file. How would I go about troubleshooting this issue. I spoke to a few pool companies in the area and they want to charge $250 just to come out, which I find to be ridiculous. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Spa Jets.jpg
    Spa Jets.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 20
This may sound silly but it is possible that your jets may have biofilms or bather waste gunk and a plethora of other stuff that may be affecting the water flow. Since you have no idea if the tub plumbing was cleaned and purged in the past, I would recommend that you perform a plumbing colonoscopy purge. It may work since we have had numerous people tell us that their jets and waterfalls started working after they did this. It is easy and inexpensive to do.

Last edited:
Most spas either have a diverter or 2 pumps. A diverter can be a valve handle atop the spa or a jet in the spa. Most jets are adjustable by turning the face, some close water flow, others divert it to other jets. These are called "diverter jets" and are usually larger diameter that the other jets in the tub.
Is this inground or portable?

Most spas either have a diverter or 2 pumps. A diverter can be a valve handle atop the spa or a jet in the spa. Most jets are adjustable by turning the face, some close water flow, others divert it to other jets. These are called "diverter jets" and are usually larger diameter that the other jets in the tub.
Is this inground or portable?
The spa is inground with all the pipes berried in the ground. They all come up by the filter. I have an AquaLink actuators that open the valve for the water to flow to the SPA. So far nothing helps with getting the other side to work. My pool guy thinks something got lodged in the line but I am not sure how to troubleshoot that. Any help would be appreciated.

This may sound silly but it is possible that your jets may have biofilms or bather waste gunk and a plethora of other stuff that may be affecting the water flow. Since you have no idea if the tub plumbing was cleaned and purged in the past, I would recommend that you perform a plumbing colonoscopy purge. It may work since we have had numerous people tell us that their jets and waterfalls started working after they did this. It is easy and inexpensive to do.
Thanks for the suggestion. How would I go about purging the lines or conducting colonoscopy purge. I tried blowing into the jets with my shop vac but not sure what else I can do.

Sure, happy to assist. What we mean by purging is to add a purge chemical to the filled and heated hot tub that will loosen gunk and bio-contaminants that may be colonizing and restricting water flow. I recommend that you read about this process on this forum to acquaint you with the why and how to accomplish this maintenance procedure. It is a long shot that this will solve your problem but with the suggestions that have previously been offered to you without success, this can’t hurt and it is easy to do. Plus, your hot tub needs this process performed from time to time if you want pristine water without the vagaries of chemical balance test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently purchased a home and after trying to use the spa for the first time I realized that the jets on one side work well. On the other side however one of the jets is barely pushing water with bubbles and the other jet is completely dead. I used a shop vac to blow water through it and both jets are definitely not clogged. I tried to upload a video to this post but could not attach .mov file. How would I go about troubleshooting this issue. I spoke to a few pool companies in the area and they want to charge $250 just to come out, which I find to be ridiculous. Thanks in advance for your help.
If they had always been like that its 1 of 2 things the plumbing design or the jets in the spa. The spa jets often have a gasket inside (some) and or if you had one broken all those around it will be less powerful from the need of back pressure.

Change the inserts from one side to the other. Also you are aware some jet body’s turn on or off right ? See if they are all the same and flip them to the good side. Its more likely the design and in the concrete if its 1 pump.

air leaks and air Ventura issues are common

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.