Spa jet works with blower on, nothing without blower. Other jets work without blower

tjk65

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2020
Round Rock, Tx
Well I have the pool build from heck. My 3 year pool is on its 2 nd replaster. Issue with spa jet is holding up replaster and PB will not get someone out. In Texas with record heat and second summer of not having my pool to use. After 1 st replaster one jet quit working in spa. The chip out crew did not remove heads and cracked the head on the spa jet. Head was replaced but now jet does not work when spa turned on. If I turn on the blower air will blow out of jet but with blower turned off it does nothing as other jets spin. I can see plaster in the threads and they have tried to clean that up a few times and just force screw in jet. I assume there is some blockage. Is there any way for me to look at this myself? Pool is empty and chipped out. Plaster company waiting for PB to look at jet. Mind you they have known for a year jet not working and chip out has been for two weeks. I just want a pool to use at this point. Any ideas? Or do I just hire a pool repair company to troubleshoot and fix?

If you had water in the spa, I might suggest removing all the jet fittings (eyeball & nozzle) and running the spa jets to flush out the lines.

So, we took off a functioning jet head, and compared inside the wall and could see the one not working was covered in plaster. If we chip out the plaster, do you think the jet will function once we have water? How do we remove the part that is in the wall to clean it?

Have you removed both the outer fitting (eyeball) as well as the inner fitting (nozzle)?

1687788677935.png
The nozzle can be removed with a 9/16" socket wrench. However, the venturi tee cannot be removed without destroying the spa wall.

Or do you have a different setup? Can you post a picture of what you removed?

Last edited:
The inside nut is plastic and it is bigger than 9/16" socket. The last two pictures are the jet head that we screwed out. It was a solid sheet of plaster that was covering the nut looking thing that we broke away.

Attachments

• IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9205.JPG
    IMG_9205.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9207.JPG
    IMG_9207.JPG
    387.9 KB · Views: 6
The first pic is the nozzle. Yes it is plastic but you should be able to remove it with a socket wrench. Most are 9/16" but that one may be different.

The last two pics are spinners and what I was referring to as the external fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.