spa empties itself into the pool

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
D,

The check valve in front of your pump is not in the loop and, in most cases, is just not needed at all..

I see what appears to be a check valve in the middle of your last pic.. it is at the bottom of the middle pipe.. You can see the word "flow" and a direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.

dstinson

Jun 17, 2016
Mesa/AZ
I forgot to add the pic of the flapper valve i replaced. and to attempt to answer mknauss when i turn on the pump i can see water being sucked in from the one way valve i replaced. My guess it's coming from the pool.

Attachments

dstinson

Jun 17, 2016
Mesa/AZ
if you are referring to the check valve on the towel, that is the one i replaced as it was missing the flapper thing. see attached pic and red arrows. I hoped this helps.

thank you

Attachments

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I have no background on IFCS systems other than what I have read here. That is a check valve. So may or may not be your issue.

dstinson

Jun 17, 2016
Mesa/AZ
I filled up the pool last night and closed the 2 jandy valves for the IFC (essentially I turn these also when i want the heater to blow hot water in the spa). The spa still dropped into the pool. So i dont think it is the check valve by the IFC (which is higher than the spa). I am still open for suggestions though.

Attachments

dstinson

Jun 17, 2016
Mesa/AZ
mystery solved... It was the Jandy valve. When i pulled it off, the O ring was broken. replaced the guts from amazon an it works now. Not sure if it was the o ring or the actual seal diverter but at this point I dont care. $20 fix.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton