spa empties itself into the pool

D,

The check valve in front of your pump is not in the loop and, in most cases, is just not needed at all..

I see what appears to be a check valve in the middle of your last pic.. it is at the bottom of the middle pipe.. You can see the word "flow" and a direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your third picture shows a check valve in the middle pipe just at ground level. Where does that pipe go?

I forgot to add the pic of the flapper valve i replaced. and to attempt to answer mknauss when i turn on the pump i can see water being sucked in from the one way valve i replaced. My guess it's coming from the pool.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 17
The check valve Jim and I mentioned is on the middle pipe of your third picture in #20 post.

if you are referring to the check valve on the towel, that is the one i replaced as it was missing the flapper thing. see attached pic and red arrows. I hoped this helps.

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 9

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have no background on IFCS systems other than what I have read here. That is a check valve. So may or may not be your issue.

I filled up the pool last night and closed the 2 jandy valves for the IFC (essentially I turn these also when i want the heater to blow hot water in the spa). The spa still dropped into the pool. So i dont think it is the check valve by the IFC (which is higher than the spa). I am still open for suggestions though.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.