Spa delivered

Thanks Jimmy, we were away for a couple of days and I went straight to work today. I will check it when I get home. The boys went in and added per my instructions. I want to see hoe the PH was affected. Still trying to dial that in.

Don't overthink it too much. Spas with ozone are easy especially if it's got the small 24hr running circ pump. I forget about my spa all the time and go days/a week without dosing it. You can just slam it like a pool and the fc will drop and it's good to go. Once you get the rest of the levels good it's pretty easy maintenance wise. A good trick is if you have a pool swap water every 3 months and pump from the pool to fill the spa.

Ok, so after watching the lastest Ahh!some purging a new hot tub video
, I'm second guessing if if let it run long enough. I did run it thru twice and I don't remember anything coming out after wiping down the 1st purge. I've got the AquaClarity in and hosed off the filters on the weekend and did not see a lot of stuff on the filter. What do you think @Ahhsomeguy ?

Second set of questions.

I have the circ pump still at the factory 8hrs. I see around 3 FC +/- drop day to day. 410 gallons. About right? Or related to above.

I'm thinking of lowering to 4 hrs to see if there is a difference. Ozone & UV run when circ pump runs. It also runs when heating or on demand and this time is subtracted from the HOURs setting. We use this to run the waterfall if we are just soaking sometimes after running the mains.

I also have settings for running the main pumps for 10 minutes each at 12AM & 12PM. One is every day or Second is every other day. Is there a benefit to this other than mixing the water? Or wear on main pumps not advised?

Ok, so after watching the lastest Ahh!some purging a new hot tub video
, I'm second guessing if if let it run long enough. I did run it thru twice and I don't remember anything coming out after wiping down the 1st purge. I've got the AquaClarity in and hosed off the filters on the weekend and did not see a lot of stuff on the filter. What do you think @Ahhsomeguy ?

Second set of questions.

I have the circ pump still at the factory 8hrs. I see around 3 FC +/- drop day to day. 410 gallons. About right? Or related to above.

I'm thinking of lowering to 4 hrs to see if there is a difference. Ozone & UV run when circ pump runs. It also runs when heating or on demand and this time is subtracted from the HOURs setting. We use this to run the waterfall if we are just soaking sometimes after running the mains.

I also have settings for running the main pumps for 10 minutes each at 12AM & 12PM. One is every day or Second is every other day. Is there a benefit to this other than mixing the water? Or wear on main pumps not advised?

Drops 3 ppm FC from what original level ?

I keep my hot tub at around 30 ppm for CYA and my FC at 4-5 ppm (I like it a bit on the high side, it does not bother us, and it keeps it clean). If I am at 5 ppm, the next day without use, I am at around 3.5 ppm. You seem to be loosing a good deal more.

My spa filters 3 hours per day - and generates Ozone during that time (no UV)

I'm at 30 CYA and I keep it around 7-8. I ran hot in the pool too. I'm set at 95 but see temps of 97-98 from this heat.

I haven't done a check after add in a week so I think that is merited to see what happens. I'll check tonight after adding if I get a chance. But will have to get a before than an after.

Then I'm going to lower the run time and see if that matters.

Hello JoeSelf: When you use the Aqua Clarity as a weekly maintenance addition you will not see a lot of biofilm being released when a purge is performed. The Aqua Clarity keeps most biofilm at bay. When used weekly after an effective purge the surfaces are chemically scraped 24/7 preventing attachment of bacteria. The first stage of biofilm formation is Attachment. If there is no attachment, there is no biofilm build-up. That is the beauty of the Aqua Clarity product. Water stays crystal clear and offers you protection at times when your sanitizer demand exceeds the supply or residual. You need sanitizer with the Aqua Clarity but it will keep the water from turning providing sanitizer is added on a regular basis. Remember, you only need chlorine or bromine with the Aqua Clarity. You don’t need ozone, uv, mineral sticks, enzymes or other expensive items to maintain perfect water balance. Periodic pH and TA adjustments along with minimum CYA for chlorine tubs is all you need.

Update yesterday FC 3.0, added another 3.6. Total 6.6 FC.

Tested when I got home and FC was 5.5, so loss of about 1.1 with 8 hours of UV and Ozone from Circ pump run time.

Feeling better. Thanks for th reply ahhsome guy.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Update: So without a pool we are taking long soaks most every day. This Saturday we were in 3 different times. About 2 hrs each the first two times. Loading up before and after. I showed my son the before and after tests on our last soak of just me and him. He was surprised that just us two burned up about 3 PPM FC in about an hour & a half.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update: So without a pool we are taking long soaks most every day. This Saturday we were in 3 different times. About 2 hrs each the first two times. Loading up before and after. I showed my son the before and after tests on our last soak of just me and him. He was surprised that just us two burned up about 3 PPM FC in about an hour & a half.
It happens fast- 2 people in a spa is like 20+ people in a pool. Folks get a hot tub thinking it’s just like a pool - a couple ppm/ day or less because it’s covered so nothing gets in - wrong 😑. Hot tubs are an advanced ecosystem that can get wildly out of control quickly without vigilance. They are basically a shared bathtub that u don’t change the water in for months at a time & there’s no soap involved 🤢 Mo chlorine !

Reactions: JoeSelf
2 people in a 500 gallon hot tub would be like *104* in your pool. Yes, thats still '20+' but with 3 extra
:puker::puker::puker: dudes. :ROFLMAO:
Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

Eeeewwww

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.