Spa Blower Shutoff/Timeout

Effers

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Warrenton, VA
I recently ran into an issues with my blower for my spillover hottub. The blower that is installed is the Polaris 1-460-02 which is 16 years old and there are six jets. When I turn the blower on (via Jandy iAqualink app), it will run fine for approximately 5 minutes and the shutoff. If I try to turn the blower back on soon after shutoff, nothing happens. After waiting a substantial time, it will report the same cause/effect listed above. We replaced our single speed Jandy [pump with a VSP at the beginning of last season, not sure when the problem started (kids just started complaining). Trying to noodle this before having to replace the unit:
  • Is there a setting in the iAqualink system that needs to be adjusted
  • Do I need to run the Jandy VSP at a certain speed (currently 2300 RPM)
  • Or is it time to replace the unit...
Thank you for the help.

Your spa blower is overheating and shutting down. It cannot overcome the water pressure.

What was the old pump you replaced?

Try running your pump at lower RPM and see if there is a speed where the spa blower stays on.

No there are not any Aqualink settings for this.

Read Spa Air Blower - Further Reading for ways you can vent some air from the blower to keep it from overheating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Effers
I believe the old pump was a Hayward single speed, not sure on the exact model/specs.

I did lower the operating speed from 2300 to 1500 RPM when in Spa Mode. Its been running for the last 15 minutes and the blower is still on. That may have been the issue. I will continue to monitor and I am sure the kids will give it a good run tonight.

Thanks Allen (ajw22)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.