Spa blower info needed

Many on the forum use Polaris blowers and I don't remember seeing any systemic issues with these blowers. The problem may not be with the blower but the air system design that is causing premature failure.

Do you know if the air pipe has a Hartford loop and check valve installed somewhere?

Can you see a large difference in bubbles with the blower on vs off? if so, 2 HP may be too large.

Is there an air bypass built into the air line? If not, again 2 HP may be too large.

Last edited:
Many on the forum use Polaris blowers and I don't remember seeing any systemic issues with these blowers. The problem may not be with the blower but the air system design that is causing premature failure.

Do you know if the air pipe has a Hartford loop and check valve installed somewhere?

Can you see a large difference in bubbles with the blower on vs off? if so, 2 HP may be too large.

Is there an air bypass built into the air line? If not, again 2 HP may be too large.
So if the blower motor is to big it can cause overheating ?

Yes, if it is not getting enough air flow, it can fail. But there can be other reasons there is not enough air flow such as a check valve failure.

Are you still getting a lot of bubbles with the blower on?

How about when it is off?

Don’t know about the loop ? Unless it’s underground. No check valve . The blowers do good for about a year and a half but seem to fail in July , August in the second year. The foam underneath the unit had the glue melt and they came loose so I removed them. Wondering if that was restricting air flow.the blower Has now started shutting off after about 15-20 min. But it was 103-105 outside that day. It got so hot the standpipe bent a little bit. The old metal blower I had many years ago lasted for 15 years.

Attachments

• D6D1DC5F-1826-4CB5-B71B-D0454CA46568.jpeg
    D6D1DC5F-1826-4CB5-B71B-D0454CA46568.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 14
I agree your blower may be too large and overheating. Downsize to a 1.5HP or 1HP blower. Should give you plenty of air bubbles.

There have been recent posts about folks being happy with the Air Supply Silencer Blowers. You might want to give that brand a try.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.