Jaymare

Jun 6, 2021
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi TFP community! This website looks awesome and I look forward to being my own pool person. We are under contract to purchase a house that has an in-ground pool and hot tub. The current owner (originally built home in the 70s and still lives there) maintains it herself. From the looks of it, she seems to be doing an alright job. I hope after our inspection objections (and hopefully resolution) she may share her tips and current care routine. However, who knows if she will?

My husband and I like chemistry and look forward to learning more. From my reading on this site and the sub reddit for pools, it seems some pool companies may take advantage of customers. I'd hate to fall for that. While the pool looks OK, the hot tub looks dormant, not filled and I'm unsure of the parts and current status. We know she drains the pool every year, so perhaps she just switches with the seasons between the pool and hot tub. Any suggestions on figuring out the current setup since I imagine it may be dated and I don't know what I'm looking at? I really would like to get hot tub running! Would you suggest contacting a pool company to come out? I'd like a tutorial and the knowledge to test the equipment. Anyone interested in a Zoom? Haha! We are in Denver if you have any recommendations. I'll attach a picture of the pool! Thanks for reading and maintaining this site.

Attachments

• 20210527_182040.jpg
    20210527_182040.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum!
Just post up a thread on your issues in the appropriate forum. With pictures and discussion, our members can usually assist any pool owner in getting their systems up and running.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.