Someone was helping but still need more help

Sep 25, 2016
Reidsville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IceShadow was kindly helping but we both thought we were in the clear. That is the reason for new thread. If you read, "help dust everywhere", it will catch you up to this post. I have vacuumed and backwashed several times to get my pool clear. It's been raining and I had virtually no cya. Added 4 lbs with sock method and adjusting alkalinity and pH today. There is no chlorine in pool. Should I add now or wait until dark? When brushing, I felt slimy stuff on walls. Should I do a SLAM or just bring water to shock level? I have algaecide but I also have metals in pool per pool store results so don't want to add more. Unsure of what to do. Water is slightly cloudy after vacuuming but not much. Please help.

Your SLAM didn't complete. Add 3 ppm FC now and bring it up to SLAM level when it starts to get dark. Be sure to adjust your pH to 7.2. Keep brushing daily, and vacuum up anything on the bottom. Adjust your FC per the FC/CYA Levels to SLAM levels at least 3 times a day, morning noon and night, and keep the filter running 24/7.

Read SLAM Process over and over to make sure you don't miss a step.

We'll get that pool clean! :goodjob:

Reactions: Farmerswife96
I'd recommend bringing it up to SLAM level now. This will allow a few more FC tests today and give you a jump on it. If algae really is brewing, it needs to be stopped ASAP. And then following the SLAM Process will clear it up. Don't rush to completion - be methodical and follow the process completely.

Slimmy walls and cloudy water are indicative of an algae bloom.

Use the PoolMath app and share your results. That will make it easier for us to follow along and help you.

If CYA is between 25 and 30, it's 30. We always round up on the CYA as you can't really interpolate between the lines on the vial.

You're good - SLAM Process away!

Don't forget to post your test results in this thread. Once you start the SLAM Process, only test the FC and CC. And remember, there are 3 criteria to successfully completing the SLAM - clear water being the first and CC 0.5 or less. No use doing an OCLT to pass until you have clear water (can easily tell heads or tails of a quarter tossed in the deep end) and your CC is 0.5 or less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.