Some suggestions getting balanced please?

Rona0423

Oct 11, 2020
Olive Branch, MS
Posted a bit back, got my TF-100 in and tested. Any suggestions on which way to go?

I honestly am kinda guessing on the PH. I am not color blind but it gets hard for me to read. I attached a picture.

FC - 13.5
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
TA - 60
CYA - 50
CH - 0 (I am assuming this is correct. It did not turn red)

Chlorine is obviously super high? When I shocked it a while back, I put to much. I thought the scoop was a 1lb scoop but hindsight it was a 24oz scoop. So, I put 3.75lb in a 28,000 gallon pool and it should have been 2 1/2 pounds?

IC40 SWG is running at 40% 24/7. Water is still about 63 degrees.

Any suggestions?DF9030DD-A29E-4E3E-B3DB-42B31F48CEEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Your pH test is effected when FC is above 10ppm. Wait until that lowers to test pH.
What solid chlorine product did you use?
test your fill water CH. Do you have naturally soft water?

Your pH test is effected when FC is above 10ppm. Wait until that lowers to test pH.
What solid chlorine product did you use?
test your fill water CH. Do you have naturally soft water?
We have soft water, yes.

Super Shockwave 25lb — Aqua Fun Pools

Any suggestions for the FC to come down other than time? Lower the SWG perhaps for now?

Is that level safe for the kids to swim?

It is safe to swim in.
Is that product calcium hypochlorite? The website would not let me zoom in.
Turn off the SWCG for a day and the FC will fall.

I honestly am kinda guessing on the PH. I am not color blind but it gets hard for me to read. I attached a picture.
So an easy way to check pH. It go goes yellow —> orange —> pink —> purple.
you want to be in the pink range. It’s about color, not intensity. Don’t look for an exact color match, just look at what the color is.

Reactions: DanF
It is safe to swim in.
Is that product calcium hypochlorite? The website would not let me zoom in.
Turn off the SWCG for a day and the FC will fall.

Had a get together and was surprised these kids got in, but they did. 65 degrees. Anywho, had the SWG off all day, tested after the party ended and it has dropped to 9.5 - I will leave it off through tomorrow (going to be 80 and sunny) and my guess is it will come down more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will leave it off through tomorrow (going to be 80 and sunny) and my guess is it will come down more.
Be careful. Turn the SWCG back on tomorrow sometime as you do not want to drop too low on the FC.

put the CH @ 75. Is that to be concerned about, in vinyl?
No.

Be careful. Turn the SWCG back on tomorrow sometime as you do not want to drop too low on the FC.

Okay - Think I should go ahead and throw it back to 40% which puts it 2-3ppm since I’m running the single speed 24/7?

Also, the TA and CYA are a bit low aren’t they? Should I worry about pulling them up now? I have the pool math app and subscribed to it to keep all my logs.

Think I should go ahead and throw it back to 40% which puts it 2-3ppm since I’m running the single speed 24/7?
Sounds good.
Also, the TA and CYA are a bit low aren’t they?
The TA is fine. The CYA can be gradually brought up to 70-80 ppm over the next few weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.