Solid or liquid CYA / Stabilizer ??

Just curious what people recommend I'm leaning toward trying to liquid stabilizer since it registers instantly versus waiting a week for the solid granules. I can get it for $27 a gallon delivered to my front door which though more expensive seems like such a deal to me, the local pool store wants $36. I just bought some and I would love to hear if any owners here have any experience with it and what's their two cents on it. :)

The liquid conditioner is nicknamed "liquid gold" because of that price compared to about $16 for the granules. Certainly up to you though if it's more convenient and the added cost is reasonable. FYI - We did some studies last season and determined it doesn't take a full week for granule stabilizer to show-up on the CYA test. In fact, once the granules are dissolved (sock-soaking method), the CYA should reach (or be very close to) the target in about 24-48 hours.

Reactions: PA2023
After my drain and refill, I wanted to get cya in faster so went with one bottle of the liquid. I still needed more and didn't want to pay so much again, so added the other 15 cya via sock method.

I'm impatient person, but after experience with both I would say the extra cost isn't worth it. The granuals are very simple, and it all registered on test for me within 24 hours

I think I may stick with the liquid stabilizer next time. I'm so annoyed right now at how some of my granular sunk to the pool floor using the soak method. I've used these same socks last year to add CYA to my pool (granular), and no problem. Now, I have some ... just some.... granular on the floor of my pool. I had to brush them to the Main Drain (vacuum later, since its already 8:30 pm). Where can I get the liquid stabilizer? Though I don't think I'll need it any time soon since I just added CYA. But for future references...

I think I may stick with the liquid stabilizer next time. I'm so annoyed right now at how some of my granular sunk to the pool floor using the soak method. I've used these same socks last year to add CYA to my pool (granular), and no problem. Now, I have some ... just some.... granular on the floor of my pool. I had to brush them to the Main Drain (vacuum later, since its already 8:30 pm). Where can I get the liquid stabilizer? Though I don't think I'll need it any time soon since I just added CYA. But for future references...

Amazon, just search liquid stabilizer. I just had 2 gallons delivered yesterday.

Salty

Reactions: Mendy48

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use the Natural Chemistry 2 gallon pack, works out to $20 gallon and takes like 3 days for shipping.
Salty

I'm trying to just stock up on pool supplies. My CYA is set already, but I want to use liquid stabilizer next time because I had a problem with the granular stabilizer settling at the bottom of my pool. Not sure why cause I had no holes in my sock. Here's a pic of the liquid stabilizer that was suggested, but I was worried that this image below is not the correct one. Does anyone use this one below? What is the "conditioner" used for? I tried to find something that just had Liquid Swimming Pool Stabilizer, but I see this "conditioner" on the title. Thus, I'm not sure if this is the correct one.

Liquid Stabilizer.JPG

Just check the label and be sure it is 99% or 100% cyanuric acid or isocyanuric acid.

Stabilizer, conditioner, and CYA are interchangeable terms, for the most part.

Put your sock in the skimmer. Or use the liquid stabilizer.

I'm trying to just stock up on pool supplies. My CYA is set already, but I want to use liquid stabilizer next time because I had a problem with the granular stabilizer settling at the bottom of my pool. Not sure why cause I had no holes in my sock. Here's a pic of the liquid stabilizer that was suggested, but I was worried that this image below is not the correct one. Does anyone use this one below? What is the "conditioner" used for? I tried to find something that just had Liquid Swimming Pool Stabilizer, but I see this "conditioner" on the title. Thus, I'm not sure if this is the correct one.

View attachment 99735
The 2 pack is a better value.

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.