Solax Saltron Retro Bonding?

bpolczyn

Jul 24, 2020
Cleveland, OH
Hello all,

I have found a ton of helpful information on this form, so thank you to all posters in advance! I am doing the bonding of the pool myself and understand the requirements and did a lot of research to understand what bonding is exactly (but still nowhere near an expert, so this question may sound dumb to someone who is). I am installing the Solaxx Saltron Retro SWG in my new AGP build. The thing that puzzles me is there is no information on bonding the unit. It seems like it should be somehow bonded?

I have to bond everything in the pool: all resin pool, one stainless wall that I will bond to, skimmer bonding plate, halo bonding loop around outside perimeter, bond to pump, bond my paver patio, bond the metal ladder, etc. It would seem to me that the saltron unit should be bonded somehow, seeing as how its a live electric unit and line that goes right into the water. Seeing as how there is no information online about it or in the unit's manuals, I assume I am wrong about it needing to be bonded, but I am curious as to if anyone can explain why that is?

TIA! -Brett

Welcome to TFP.

They seem to have determined the power unit is adequately insulated and does not require a bonding lug.

Reactions: bpolczyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.