Solar pool light

I admit, I am a little skeptical about the hangers. Some of the reviews say they float up and get in the way of the returns so we'll see. I have 2 inflatable solar powered things but they don't make much light, they are just for ambiance.
Yeah I was reading those reviews as well. I’m curious about your impressions of it once you get it in.

I bought one of the Deep Blue Ledecsun lights to try out in our pool after seeing this thread. We bought the house this winter, and the pool didn't have any lights installed. We'll probably add two more.

Attachments

• PXL_20220606_005726292.jpg
    PXL_20220606_005726292.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: mcba2020
Yeah I was reading those reviews as well. I’m curious about your impressions of it once you get it in.
I bought one and tried it out last night. I don’t hate it. It gives decent light. It’s not quite as bright as the picture makes it but I can see the bottom drain.

I hung it on the return jet and it doesn’t float, it stays down. Or you can move it to sit at the top of the jet, either way works.

My biggest complaint is that the remote absolutely sucks. Like the reviews says, you have to be right on top of the light for it to work and if the light is hanging below the return jet, it doesn’t sense the remote at all. The light has to be on top of the jet for it to work. But if you’re just turning the light on and leaving it on for a while, it’s manageable.

I think we’re going to get a second one for the shallow end and see how it is with 2. There brightest seems to be some of the blues and purples. The white isn’t the brightest even on the highest brightness setting.

Attachments

• 84D51663-64F9-4B9F-A7F2-341B9DC7BA43.jpeg
    84D51663-64F9-4B9F-A7F2-341B9DC7BA43.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 6AEA80B0-AABE-47E0-9B44-B13B9F905499.jpeg
    6AEA80B0-AABE-47E0-9B44-B13B9F905499.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 45
I bought one and tried it out last night. I don’t hate it. It gives decent light. It’s not quite as bright as the picture makes it but I can see the bottom drain.

I hung it on the return jet and it doesn’t float, it stays down. Or you can move it to sit at the top of the jet, either way works.

My biggest complaint is that the remote absolutely sucks. Like the reviews says, you have to be right on top of the light for it to work and if the light is hanging below the return jet, it doesn’t sense the remote at all. The light has to be on top of the jet for it to work. But if you’re just turning the light on and leaving it on for a while, it’s manageable.

I think we’re going to get a second one for the shallow end and see how it is with 2. There brightest seems to be some of the blues and purples. The white isn’t the brightest even on the highest brightness setting.
How long does the battery last and how long does it take to charge?

I’m not sure how long it lasts - only had it on for a little while last night. It took about 4 hours to charge but I’m not sure if it had some charge out of the box or not.

Reactions: Orion7319
In regards to the ledecsun lights, I would be using them on a vinyl liner pool with galvanized steel walls. Installation would be done using the magnets. Is anyone using these lights like this? If so, can they be easily removed if you want to swim at night with no lighting?

In regards to the ledecsun lights, I would be using them on a vinyl liner pool with galvanized steel walls. Installation would be done using the magnets. Is anyone using these lights like this? If so, can they be easily removed if you want to swim at night with no lighting?
They are easily removable. Just a firm pull to take them off as the magnets are strong.
Keep the original packaging as the light stores safely in it and it also comes with a metal button you place on the back of the light to deactivate when not in use.

Reactions: joonbug99
I had the same question as someone earlier in this thread - can you use the adhesive on a vinyl liner if the pool can't use the magnets? I emailed their customer support and just got the following reply:

"The adhesive we use is solvent-free flexible MS polymer and can be used on vinyl pools as long as the liner is reinforced as each light weighs about 1 kilo."

I'm not sure if my liner is reinforced to hold 1 k.

Reactions: Orion7319
Has anyone tried the LedecSun magnetic version of these lights on Vinyl In-ground with steel walls?
I recently got 2 of these lights. My original light niche was cracked and leaking so I decided to remove the light and seal off the niche. Found the Ledecsun lights and was happy to have lights in my pool again. Since my pool is free form with mostly rounded walls it was challenging to find locations that were flat enough for the magnets to adhere. The lighting isn’t as bright as the original light but it is a nice soft light (mine are the moonlight white version). Roughly for each hour of sun directly at the light you get that many hours when they turn on.

Attachments

• 7F718CB7-6512-46F5-8D07-B67C1FD9A616.jpeg
    7F718CB7-6512-46F5-8D07-B67C1FD9A616.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 48
I have vinyl inground with steel walls using 2 of these, on my second year and they work amazing. The magnet is strong and the light stays solidly in place with no issues ....even when my robot is scrubbing the waterline!

I agree, these to me seem just as bright as electrical pool lights and I've seen mine last until dawn some days.
I’m Only getting 45 min to 2 hours even after exposing them all day. Any tricks to getting them to last?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The key is to have them exposed to direct sunlight,. Having them in the shade will reduce the amount of light they will produce, and try not to have them too deep in the water. I have my lights installed approx 3" below surface.

Attachments

• 20220912_113037.jpg
    20220912_113037.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Hootz
I am on the fence about these as well. My pool is covered by many trees (surrounded by alot of forest).
During the summer we get decent light for a decent part of the day, but this time of year, i find very few times that the pool gets sun.
I feel like for me these may not work well.

Anyone have a similar scenario and have the lights that can comment?
We are in NY and the pool will not be open for much longer. It is open now so we can redo the hardscape (Post here) but i would still love to be able to enjoy the lighting at night, even if we can't be in it due to temps.

It seems like as the arc of the sun changes due to winter approaching I am not getting light as long from these lights. Consider as a benchmark in full summer sun you will get close to an hour of light for each hour of direct sun, and then less light per sun exposure as fall approaches. We are still thrilled to get any light we can vs none.

No, unfortunately these cannot be turned OFF. They turn on automatically at dusk and turn off when the solar charge depletes. They charge again in the sun during the day and then the cycle repeats.
I looked into these and feel like they missed a great opportunity by not making a model that is controllable. I do not want the pool lights on all night. Our house is on a hill and we have a large field off to the side, which makes the pool very visible from the road. It just looks awkward having it on all the time. I have not found any other suitable solution. When we replaced our liner, the liner company didn't bother checking our lights and housings despite telling them they leak, until the day of the liner install, where they found they are too cracked to puddy without risk of them leaking again, so they are covered. I've tried some cheap Amazon lights that just leaked within days and put off almost no light. These would be the answer if they were just controllable.

I looked into these and feel like they missed a great opportunity by not making a model that is controllable. I do not want the pool lights on all night. Our house is on a hill and we have a large field off to the side, which makes the pool very visible from the road. It just looks awkward having it on all the time. I have not found any other suitable solution. When we replaced our liner, the liner company didn't bother checking our lights and housings despite telling them they leak, until the day of the liner install, where they found they are too cracked to puddy without risk of them leaking again, so they are covered. I've tried some cheap Amazon lights that just leaked within days and put off almost no light. These would be the answer if they were just controllable.
For some odd reason, there isn't much choice for wireless pool lights. I would have loved to find a retrofit cover that sealed off the niche and also had a light that could be connected to existing wiring.

Reactions: mcba2020 and jark87
For some odd reason, there isn't much choice for wireless pool lights. I would have loved to find a retrofit cover that sealed off the niche and also had a light that could be connected to existing wiring.
I told a friend we really should come out with a product for this niche. Preferably something that communicates with a controller placed near the pool since water will greatly reduce signal. There really isn't anything good on the market currently for this need.

Reactions: Hootz and mcba2020
I told a friend we really should come out with a product for this niche. Preferably something that communicates with a controller placed near the pool since water will greatly reduce signal. There really isn't anything good on the market currently for this need.
There would already be a wired circuit to the niche for the original light. Incandescent lights burn so hot that they require a wet niche for cooling. An led could be added to the pool side of a cover that seals off the niche from leaking and the light could be controlled by a simple switch or enhanced controller at the original location.
Depending on the cord length, an intellibrite 5g multicolor fixture averages around 800.00 depending on cord length. A lighted niche seal off cover wouldn't have to be a bargain priced item be it wired or wireless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.