DeeGeeVee

Jul 13, 2022
Hampton Township
Hi, we bought a house up near Sparta, New Jersey. We have an in-ground pool with a solar heating system. There are black pipes on the roof. We were told that when we had the pool closed and blown out the solar pipes should have been blown out as well. Unfortunately, the next year when we tested the system, water came pouring off the roof. My husband examined the pipes and there is a crack. We have been trying for a year to find someone or a company to repair this with no luck. The company that installed the system is no longer here. Does anyone know who can repair this please? Thanks

Is the entire solar array black pipe or are there panels as well? Years ago there were systems made of 1.5" ABS pipe. Not likely anyone will touch that because as soon as you repair a leak in one area another springs up that the homeowner expects to be fixed at no cost. You chase, but never catch, your tail. The same is true of older solar-panel repairs. Outside the fact I'm too old to be on roofs, that's why I quit solar repairs. Some systems are too old to repair and customers get angry, thinking you're just trying to get more money. Yes, some last longer, but 10 years is a good average life for plastic that is specifically placed where the Sun can do the mist damage.

If it is ABS I would recommend not only repairing the leak but potentially replacing as much of the ABS as possible since you will already be working on it. Repairing ABS is really not that difficult. Being in NE as well, when I did my plumbing, I made sure that I had unions and drains in place to facilitate the removal of as much water as possible for closing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.