Solar panels roof options

Apr 22, 2011
North Florida
I have solar panels on my south-facing shingle roof now and I'm planning on getting a new roof. I like the idea of a standing-seam metal roof, but I'm not sure about the solar heaters. I'm having trouble getting in touch with solar contractors at the moment, so I thought I'd ask here. Is it possible to install pool solar panels on a standing seam metal roof? Roofer says it's no problem, but I can't find any info about it online. Anyone here done it?

The other option would be on an almost-flat roof section that will be covered with roll roofing when it's re-roofed. It's north facing but actually gets more hours of direct sun than the main south facing roof where the panels are now. Would that be a possible new location if mounting to standing seam isn't possible?

The pool is in a screen enclosure on the north side of the house so it stays pretty cold. Solar adds several months to our swimming season, so I don't want to let them go.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.