Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2018
Henderson NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Recently noticed my solar valve was no longer working. I tested it at the switch and it works so figured it was something with the Easytouch. Then I noticed that the water temperature sensor was reading high so I replaced that with a new sensor. Tried to turn on solar this morning (water temp 65, air temp 72). The solar sensor is mounted on the top of my block wall and not run up to the roof. Guess the installation company was a little lazy but it has worked for several years until now. In any case that solar sensor has to have a higher temperature on it than the air sensor since it is in the sun.

I should also note that if I turn the Easytouch to service mode and hit the solar button the valve will turn. Any suggestions?

Figured next step was to replace the solar sensor since I have an extra sensor and it is easily accessible.

Plug the solar sensor wires into the air temp sensor slot and see what it reads on the ET.

Reactions: vegas-doug
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.