Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We bought a solar cover and if any water gets on top (like from rain) when we remove the cover all that gross water and debris falls into the pool. Any way to avoid it?? Do I need to buy a pump to try to remove the water before I remove the cover? (We have one of those reels that rolls it up)
Help!

Hmmm... can you try using a leaf blower on the cover first, before rolling it up? The water that the cover collects would have gone in the pool anyway if you'd not had a cover. Some welcome this as "Free Water".

Is the cover collecting so much water that you don't want it? How about laying a siphon hose on the cover? Lots of videos on Youtube showing how to siphon water.
I don't think a solar cover will support a pump?

Maddie :flower:

As mentioned, a solar cover doesn't support a pump. If your cover was not on the pool, that debris you now see on the cover would have ended up in the pool anyway. It would have been skimmed off or sunk to the bottom and vacuumed. When I roll back my cover onto my reel, the debris falls into the pool. I take a few minutes with my net and try to remove most of the stuff that floats. My robot will vacuum the stuff that sinks.

As mentioned, all that other "stuff" mixed with the water on top of the solar cover would have been in the pool if the solar cover wasn't on the pool. That being said, you might try hosing the solar cover off before removing. Attempt to hose as much toward/into the skimmer as possible. Remove the cover, do a quick skim with the skimmer net, empty the skimmer and enjoy the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.