NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So went to the pool store today to get salt to add to my pool. The lady at the store is extremely nice but I really question what she tells me. I explained I use liquid chlorine which is about 10% and she tells me the other 90% includes calcium and ph so every time I add it it adds those things to my pool. I get there is 90% of something else but I’m pretty sure not that.
So she sells this stuff:
So she tells me it’s industrial grade like 99% chlorine. I really questioned that and had her write down what it was. So here is the link. Looks like 15% instead of 10%. Is there much of a difference between this and the pool chlorine I buy that’s 10%? The 5 gallon jug isn’t easy but if the price is right and it is better it’s nice to know she always has it. She also said she doesn’t let her vinyl pool people buy it. I’m gunite buy my mother in law is always hunting down liquid chlorine since she doesn’t have a swg. Is it ok for her to use?

Chorine is a gas - it must be mixed with something do deliver it in a liquid form. That something is ..... wait for it .... water.

Sodium hypochlorite = bleach = liquid chlorine
10% chlorine - 90% water
12.5% chlorine - 87.5% water
15% chlorine - 85% water

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.