Sock Method

krisiak11

Silver Supporter
Jul 31, 2017
Archbald, PA
I explained the sock method to a friend and then he went to the pool store and they told him to make slurry and add to his skimmer, can someone share the link with the explanation as to why we use the sock method? Thanks.

We use the sock method because it allows the granules to dissolve directly in to the water. Some pool stores suggest pouring directly in to the pool itself, which can bleach the surface it sits on since its a type of acid. Or they say put it in the skimmer which risks a clog in the pipe and if it gets caught in the filter it can take longer to dissolve or can accidentally be wasted if a backwash is needed. Making a slurry doesn't really work all that well either- just another step.

Our method protects the pool surface, the pipes and keeps it from getting wasted. You add x amount and that is the amount you get in your water. No loss. No risk factors.

Maddie :flower:

To add CYA, I've used nylons in front of a return for years. It worked. This year, I got a safety cover installed and I got the circulation going several weeks before cover removal. Placing nylons in front of the returns are a little harder now. I added CYA to nylons again, but put them in an old skimmer basket and placed it on top of my new skimmer basket within the skimmer. Enough water could get between baskets or through the CYA to maintain flow. It melted so much faster.

I was wondering what type of sock everyone uses. I tried one of my husbands work socks and it was slllooowwwwwwww. LOL!

I explained the sock method to a friend and then he went to the pool store and they told him to make slurry and add to his skimmer, can someone share the link with the explanation as to why we use the sock method? Thanks.
Sure!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.