Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
In preparation to install my SWG, I knew it was time to accurately confirm my salt level with a Taylor K-1766. Even though I've never added salt, I know salt is a by product of sodium hypochlorite (bleach). So what was my salt level? 3,200! That's from seven years of owning this pool. Even with LOTS of winter and spring water-dumping from heavy TX rain, I only need to add a couple 40-pound bags of salt to meet my required level.

So if you're a manual chlorine jug-dumper like I have been for seven years, next time you think about salt in your pool, you might want to actually test it - accurately with a K-1766. It does impact your CSI after all, if that's a concern for your pool. :)

But but but saltwater pools dissolve EVERYTHING in Texas!
Before we moved to Florida, we were looking at installing a pool in Texas. You are so right with the amount of builders that slammed (see what I did there?) salt water pools! "It will destroy the stone coping", "It will make your furniture rust", etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.