So this just happened....

I was thinking more like gigawatt gamma ray lasers, giant razor sharp saw blades and torpedoes.

I believe you just described the opening of the Disney movie Big Hero 6 ....

- - - Updated - - -

And there goes the puppy-bowl-innocence and the under 13 audience

This is pool care, Yak...we play for keeps and no mercy!!

Update - Year 1 Month 3 Day 25

So I had a little freak out this morning as my bot power supply would not connect to my phone. Error message said “Robot not found in DB. Contact a service provider.”

I tried a hard power down of both the robot power supply and my phone, checked my Bluetooth settings but nada. The robot still functioned with the big ON button but I did not want a 2 hr standard clean cycle as all I needed was a 1-1/2 hr Floor only mode. NUTS!

So off to the pool shop I went with bot and power supply in hand. I get to the shop and the service guy (really nice dude) comes over, asks me what’s up and we plug in the robot. He launched his Dolphin Service App and BOOM! connects right away. We try my app and nada. He looks at me and says, “Delete the App and reinstall it.” Sure enough, works like a charm. We shake hands and part ways and Mr T goes back to the pool.

Of course I’m thinking - “Darn App! Must have been developed by those same hacks that put together the PoolMath App....

(hehehehe....just a little friendly fun on Lee....)

Poor Lee LOL

Matt glad that is all it was. Mr. T needs to live a good, long life as you have enough on your hands with your little bundles of joy! (says the teacher that has heard MANY parents asking "Please tell me when school starts!!")

Kim:kim:

Poor Lee LOL

Matt glad that is all it was. Mr. T needs to live a good, long life as you have enough on your hands with your little bundles of joy! (says the teacher that has heard MANY parents asking "Please tell me when school starts!!")

School starts next Wednesday (8/8) for us :shock: :shock: :shock: !! Totally. Not. Ready!

My littlest boy starts kinder!!! :( sniff!

Princess Ariela still has another year at home with me but if she’s all potty trained and ready to go by next year I can enroll her in the 3/4 preschool program (5 half days per week).

My oldest boy starts 7th grade (dang where did the time go???) and my middle boy is a 4th grader. So, if it all works out next year (2019/2020 school year), it will be the the one year that all my kids are on the same campus together (8th, 5th, 1st & preschool) because the PS-8th is all one campus. Only time it will ever happen.

And, best of all - I’LL HAVE TIME ALONE ALL TO MYSELF!!!!!

I can hear Mr T say “I pity the app that don’t work” :)

He “pity’s the pool that messes with him!”

I start back to tomorrow (8-2) and the kids start back next Friday (8-10) WHO in their right mind starts good for the kids on a FRIDAY???? :roll: Of course they did not ask me so.......it is what it is......

Matt have you had your boys in pre-school before they started "big" school? I LOVE it when my in-coming kids have had some sort of pre-school even if it is one or two days a week to get them used to being a part of a group with an adult other than their family.

That will be so neat if they can all be there for one year!

I LOVE it when my in-coming kids have had some sort of pre-school even if it is one or two days a week to get them used to being a part of a group with an adult other than their family.

Ms. Kim....
This is the first I've read about your career choice but it does not surprise me that you're a teacher. You explain things so well inside this forum, why wouldn't you explain new concepts to young minds just as clearly?? Go figure. :rolleyes:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mr. B yeppers a teacher but lets go one step further............A Kindergarten teacher!! This incoming class will be my 34th class of Kindergartners! I have always taught in the same school so I am teaching kids of kids :shock: I have every one of my class pictures up on my wall. It is SO fun to show the current kids their mom, dad, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, etc "baby" picture! I tend to teach whole families LOL I have had new babies brought by to meet their Kindergarten teacher :roll: If all goes as planned I have 5 yrs left before I retire. That is subject to change but right now....that is the plan. One of my last kids is set to be born tomorrow! I had her dad in Kindergarten and her mom is our Art teacher. So she should be started Kindergarten in my last year. As you can tell my class list is set many years in advance.

I start back to tomorrow (8-2) and the kids start back next Friday (8-10) WHO in their right mind starts good for the kids on a FRIDAY???? :roll: Of course they did not ask me so.......it is what it is......

Matt have you had your boys in pre-school before they started "big" school? I LOVE it when my in-coming kids have had some sort of pre-school even if it is one or two days a week to get them used to being a part of a group with an adult other than their family.

That will be so neat if they can all be there for one year!

Uhhh...Friday??? Wow, that’s not cool.

Yes, all of my kids have had preschool. My two younger boys both did the preschool program at the current school we are at and, in fact, my middle boy was one of the inaugural students for the preschool as it started up the same year we moved here. So, when he graduates, he and few of his friends will be the only students who attended this school all the way from PS through High School.

Our preschool program is AMAZING and the teachers are INCREDIBLE! My youngest will start kinder already knowing all of his letters (both phonics and writing them), writing his name and some basic words, numbers up to 100, basic math skills (add/subtract) and he is closer to a 1st grade reading level than a kinder reading level. But our preschool isn’t there just to teach academics - as you say, the primary purpose is solid social-emotional development to get them ready to be students. I could go on and on about our school’s programs and teachers but that’s really a digression. All I can say simply is that preschool is a HUGE benefit to children with minimal costs. I know plenty of parents that keep their kids home until Kinder age (and even here in AZ kinder is not mandatory) and they do fine in terms of readiness but we have been so blessed to have an amazing PS program at our school, and it’s cost is so minimal, that I couldn’t imagine not taking advantage of it.

Still a youngster...

Super AWESOME profession...thanks for guiding the young ones! Just curious do you use TFPC stories ( Once upon a time there was a mean algae monster who was a horrendous green color that was slammed by the FL Princess Kimkats using her regents powers) :) :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.