So this just happened....

I ain't gettin' on no plane!

1616c643798c526f2ef65656868e5be8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, enough with the silly Mr. T memes....here he is in action -

Daddy's pretty darn proud of his new robot -

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

The nice part about the 300i is that the filter basket has the coarse and fine filters integrated together so there's no need to change filters.

IMG_4611.jpg

The maiden voyage of Mr. T!! I played "Flight of Valkyries" loudly as he went into the drink -

IMG_4612.jpg

Dude!! Mr. T is not fooling around ("he pities the pool that messes with him!"). He went straight for the rock waterfall ledge and hit that bad boy with all he had -

IMG_4615.jpg

Here's a video of it scrubbing the tile line -

Dolphin S-300i, AKA, Mr. T - YouTube

I won't know practical results until the 2-hr cleaning cycle is over but I'm a definitely a robot believer....well worth it so far.

Nice! Mine is different. The coarse, mesh screens are the same as the fine, pleated filters. One or the other.

Yeah, so in the filter basket with the S300, the inner insert is the coarse screen and then the fine screens pop into the frame on the outside. So, when you take it apart, there's one coarse basket to clean and 4 pleated fine screens. It's a neat design. The bottom of the basket is hinged so if it has a lot of debris then you just hold it over the garbage, hit the latch and the bottom swings open to let all the junk fall out.

I've been watching it now on and off and this unit has a powerful motor/pump in it. When it's running in the deep end (7ft) I can see the surface of the water ripple from the water jet sent out of the top port. When it gets into the shallow end, it really breaks up the water surface. I haven't caught it on the ledge yet, but if it does wind up there I could have my own mobile bubble-fountain unit :shock:

Not bad. The pool was already clean when I put it in so I wasn't expecting much.

0f021de9ccc7cf27147a7bd62e5e3c69.jpg

Mr. T is hosed down and resting in his caddy. Good work for one day.

Nice photos and vid! I like that basket. Very good choice!

Thanks. It's a pretty slick unit.

Gripe #1 - The App could be a little more informative. It lets you set the options you want but, once the unit is running, it just reports that it's running with no feedback on how far into the cleaning cycle you are. I can't imagine it would be all that hard to display that info or have the unit ping the app when it's done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. It's a pretty slick unit.

Gripe #1 - The App could be a little more informative. It lets you set the options you want but, once the unit is running, it just reports that it's running with no feedback on how far into the cleaning cycle you are. I can't imagine it would be all that hard to display that info or have the unit ping the app when it's done.

This from someone without screen logic? Really? :mrgreen:

Matt,

It was designed by the same guy that designed the Pentair remotes... :poke:

Jim R.

This from someone without screen logic? Really? :mrgreen:

Well, I did ask about the handheld, analog joystick control option (think Atari joystick) with bicycle driven power supply but the sales guy insisted that was not an option. I made him call the engineers in Israel to confirm.....they shouted something back in Hebrew, didn't sound too nice....The sales guy said if I wasn't completely happy I could come back in and trade the robot for a manual vacuum head....he had some nice looking manual vacuums....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.