So... there is no bleach in this town. Should I use pucks for a while...?

They have the 10% at Lowes but I drove by and the parking lot was mobbed so I kept driving. I'd rather have a green pool than be green in the gills myself.

Why is everybody at Lowes today? Lowes is still open LET'S GO THERE.

Yeah I don't know. Lowes is packed here too. :\ But I called them & other hardware stores... atwoods..walmart...kroger..harps..even DG. NO bleach / "pool chlorine" ! I wonder how long this is going to go on for.
Got pucks coming, and I also ordered bags of cal-hypo since that doesn't have CYA (vinyl pool so I think I can get away with using it for a bit).

1586058403294.png
Theres the fishy :p

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Hi guys, I was going to post this same question. It's warming up here in Maryland and I am thinking about opening the pool. I have a few bottles of bleach left over from last year that are probably not full strength but that's about it. No bleach or liquid Chlorine anywhere around here. I'm thinking about ordering pucks online. How long can I use them before the CYA gets out of control? When I started the pool I used shock and pucks all summer and was fine for a few years. But then a couple years ago after a bad algae bloom I found this site and haven't used pucks since.

Various areas around us are out as well. Where I live they know that it is, and HD went from 50 boxes of three bottles to 0 in two days.
Areas without pools further away from me are good on stock. Mgr says that they are being told that they have no availability date in the foreseeable future. So, ordered 4 boxes for store pick up. Since no other cleaners are available and I drive a tractor-trailer. I use it for dual purpose. My pool, and make my own sanitizer.

Hi guys, I was going to post this same question. It's warming up here in Maryland and I am thinking about opening the pool. I have a few bottles of bleach left over from last year that are probably not full strength but that's about it. No bleach or liquid Chlorine anywhere around here. I'm thinking about ordering pucks online. How long can I use them before the CYA gets out of control? When I started the pool I used shock and pucks all summer and was fine for a few years. But then a couple years ago after a bad algae bloom I found this site and haven't used pucks since.
Just figure each puck adds 2.2 CYA. Use as many and as long as it takes to your preferred CYA level. When I'm gone from the house for a week, I'll throw in 5 pucks and I know I'm raising my CYA by 10.

Reactions: metalheadbill
I put my pucks in today. Used my last bottle of bleach a few days ago and just can't find anymore. As mentioned I also bought some cal-hypo bags.

This is how we spent easter.. :p still too cold for us!
ezgif-4-2abaedb131c7.gif
Also the puck holder is so dang cute I'll probably leave it in the pool all the time lol
k6Qlg6w.jpg

bJSUahi.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: carnivalday

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.