So pool shops are like anti virus software, they make the viruses to keep you coming back.

And I've given up and will take any suggestions.

The deep end (RHS) is 2m
The shallow (LHS) is 1m
It slopes down slowly but then more abruptly at the deep end.

Attached is the pic of the pool steps. Say hi to my algae, and plugga, everyone...pool steps pic.jpgpool map in CM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I also used and fouled it up WITH this calculator too lol
So I nailed the surface area on the calculator but the rest is a guess because the shallow end is both longer and wider. If we go with 1.2m average depth I get about 14k gallons which should be close enough to start.

If chemical adds fall short, we'll add some gallons or if they over shoot a bit we'll lower them.

And it'll fluctuate anyway. +/- 2 inches is about 1000 gallons so you could be up or down 500 gallons from perfect on any given day.

I know i'm being a slow fker and I apologise for that. This weeks worse than most but im not an excuses guy just apologies.

Today I found the cheapest cyanuric acid guy nearby and went there. Grabbed 2 kilo. He said would prolly get the pool to 40-50ppm.
I showed him my measurements and pics to get his estimate. He thinks it's even over 50k L maybe 53(edit: you did say 53, dir). Since its especially deep. compared to usual he said. 2m currently but could go 10cm higher easy.

That's gone in. It weas really powdery, I said sock he said its so fine chuck it in skimmer. Test CYA levels tomorrow.

So thanks for sticking with me dudes.

Last edited:
you did say 53
Apologies for not converting it back to liters for you.
I said sock he said its so fine chuck it in skimmer.
There is never a good reason to dump acid through your equipment. There just isn't. Next time use the sock. This time may take up to a week to see any that's gummed up in the filter. No biggie, just be patient if it doesn't show immediately.

Maintain target range per your CYA level at all times. As in, when the pool is fluctuating a couple ppm a day, you can't let that fluctuation bring you to min FC. 3ppm over min is a several day supply in the fall, but maybe only lasts from 10a to 2p mid summer. SWGs don't fluctuate such as liquid chlorine pools often do, but they still fluctuate.

swcg_chart.jpg

Reactions: mgtfp
There is never a good reason to dump acid through your equipment.
First rule of TFP is you grab your chemicals and DO NOT INTERACT with the pool guy! Screwed the pooch there. Cause it's got acid in the name so it could be acidic is what im thinking...:unsure: Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
should we tell Lee to add this to the official rules?
It's already covered in rules 3, 4 and 5

1) know where you're at
2) know where you want to be
3) know what you're adding (acid)
4) know what it will do (do acid things)
5) watch it do (preferably not to the equipment)
6) have a beverage, you earned it. :cheers:

It's already covered in rules 3, 4 and 5

1) know where you're at
2) know where you want to be
3) know what you're adding (acid)
4) know what it will do (do acid things)
5) watch it do (preferably not to the equipment)
6) have a beverage, you earned it. :cheers:
Im australian mate, I was sloshed since the vegemite toast and VBs for brekky. I knew better than to dump that Darn in... You see a guy with a 5 dollar polo shirt embroided with a business name and your lizard brain says trust the man breathing in harsh chemicals daily for decades about things your straight self never would.

• Haha
Reactions: mgtfp
About stuff he never learned in the first place. He just did what some other asshat in a $5 polo told him to and he's been doing it for 30 years, ya know. :roll:

• Haha
Reactions: pshawman
Do you guys sell like lil gold test kit jewelery for my inch thick legit 29 caret gold chain? Ill rock in next week and stand over him like a person whos been reading TFP for a week should! Pretty confident right now. Prolly the beers.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
OK gents. I've completed testing and am pretty confident with my numbersexcept for salt.

I did follow instructions exactly but did do the sensitive test. Took loads of drops and shaking. I see why some grab those little electric stirrers. Details in my poolmath signature link. I'll watch here for a while for updates. Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.