Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I’m happy we are getting so much rain here in LA since we are constantly battling drought. Though now it’s rained so much that my pool is full to the brim! Is this what it’s like to have an infinity pool? 😉

Actually now that I’m thinking about it, are there any issues with just letting evaporation take place for next couple of weeks? Any issues if I just don’t drain it after the rain stops? I have done that before without apparent issues so just wondering since others might know more.

It is never good to let water pour over the coping. You will not have effective skimming until the water lowers to near mid level of the skimmer.

We have had a ton of rain too. Ours was just under the deck. My husband didn’t want to drain it but we are supposed to get more the next two days so he drained off some today. If he hadn’t it would be up on the deck.

@Nikilyn Yeah draining the pool is tough on the heart sometimes with the recurring droughts, but if you’re getting more in next couple of days draining is a good idea. We are supposed to be done with rain in LA for a while so I’m considering skimming the top myself to save this water and letting it evaporate down to skimmer level on its own.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Its been wet in SWPA too. I've drained the pool off 2 times since closing. Last time was a few days ago. I checked it before it got cold n sure enough, I needed to take more out before it freezes solid. I took roughly 2 inches off. I'm thinking I need a bigger sump pump because it took me 3 hours to drain that couple inches.

Attachments

• 20211231_130757.jpg
    20211231_130757.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Wow
Reactions: kul
Let’s see, CA on one side AZ on the other and no rain here in NV I the middle. What’s rain? Oh, free water. Wish I/we got some here in Southern NV.

• Sad
Reactions: kul
I'm thinking I need a bigger sump pump because it took me 3 hours to drain that couple inches
Are you using a garden hose ? The thickness and length is the weak link. Next time you are going by a plumbing supply or HD, get the 3/4 hose to sprinkler pipe fitting and a length of 1 inch sprinkler pipe to get more oomph from the pump. Seen here.

Reactions: kul and Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you using a garden hose ? The thickness and length is the weak link. Next time you are going by a plumbing supply or HD, get the 3/4 hose to sprinkler pipe fitting and a length of 1 inch sprinkler pipe to get more oomph from the pump. Seen here.
It's only 15ft hose but I'll look for the adapter n a wider hose. Thank you!!! Itll save me a lot of time!!!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.