So many problems I don't know what the title should be.....

Re: So many problems I don't know what the title should be..

duraleigh said:
Candidly, your numbers do not look very good. How did you test ph - 6.5? Most pool pH tests do not go below 6.8.

Resolve your pH issue first and then I suggest you read ABC's of Pool water chemistry up in Pool School.......you've got some work ahead of you but take it one step at a time by answering the pH question.

Well, I tested ph with an older test kit I had, and it showed 6.5. On the Taylor test, the lowest it goes to is 7.0. The color range ranges from orange at 7.0 to deep pink at 8.0. The result was nearly yellow, I guess you could say it was off the scale. It's definitely lower than 7.0, much lower.

I'm going to be spending the evening reading up on this a bit more. It'll be nice doing this right and not just guessing.

I'm sorry I didn't warn you about that one. It's ok but you'll still need a FAS-DPD test to do it right. Leslies is bad about selling the 2005 and telling people it's the same as the 2006 but it's not!

Bama Rambler said:
I'm sorry I didn't warn you about that one. It's ok but you'll still need a FAS-DPD test to do it right. Leslies is bad about selling the 2005 and telling people it's the same as the 2006 but it's not!

Yeah I was searching everywhere, and that was as close as I could get. They said it was able to do all of the same tests, so I just figured it would do what i needed. Thanks anyway.

Yeah the TF100 or the K2006 are usually only avail online. They didn't lie in that you can test FC and CC, but it is much more limited than the fas-dpd version. FWIW, Tftestkits.net has a stand alone Fas-dpd kit available which would let you upgrade to basically what the k2006 can do :goodjob:

http://tftestkits.net/FAS-DPD-Chlorine- ... t-p47.html

Did you do the base demand test (R0006)?

Did you do the TA test - a red endpoint when adding the green R0008 drops means that the pH < 4.5 :shock:

As a last thing, I upgraded my 2005 with Dave's FAS-DPD and was grateful to have done so!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.