Snapped a clip on my Polaris 360. Did I just make a $500 mistake?

Skenn81

Apr 23, 2018
Florida
Taking it apart to check the belts and oops, super brittle plastic and me pushing too hard resulted in this:

Qpa4AmG.jpg

So did I just make this whole thing garbage now?

A $38 dollar mistake, at least:

Polaris Base Assembly For 380 / 360 Pool Cleaners - 9-100-7026

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and just for the record, some of the pool supply companies around here will fix your Polaris for just the cost of parts, no labor involved. You might call around and see if Leslies or whoever works on Polaris stuff is the same near you. At least then, if you aren't confident about having to rebuild the whole thing to replace that part someone else can.

Ah, so I would just have to migrate all the pieces from the current one into a new base unit?

For now, to salvage it for the short term, what about some duct tape instead?

I have no idea what that clip held in place It looks like that's how you lift the blue top of the body off the tower?. Maybe you can jb weld (or something pool safe) it back on for now.

Yup, I found that after breaking it. Drat. I could have just taken the whole thing in and had them figure out what was wrong.

It was the belts by the way, I learned how to fix them myself, so at least I have that going for me, but in the process broke the piece.

The pool person said it is pretty common though, that piece gets very brittle. I was told that for now just put some tape on it and cut two slits on the sides. So I will go ahead and do that until I decide to get the thing gutted.

Only difference is I can buy the piece online for the price linked above, or they charge $90 for the same thing.

Yup, I found that after breaking it. Drat. I could have just taken the whole thing in and had them figure out what was wrong.

It was the belts by the way, I learned how to fix them myself, so at least I have that going for me, but in the process broke the piece.

The pool person said it is pretty common though, that piece gets very brittle. I was told that for now just put some tape on it and cut two slits on the sides. So I will go ahead and do that until I decide to get the thing gutted.

Only difference is I can buy the piece online for the price linked above, or they charge $90 for the same thing.

I snapped the tail off my Polaris 480 Pro one winter when I took it out of the 30 something degree water to empty the bag and put too much pressure on the tail somehow. So I feel ya. That's how I ended up with my Aquabot Breeze over another Polaris.

A robotic electronic pool cleaner? I have never heard of such a thing before now. So unlike a Polaris that you just leave in all the time to do it's thing based on the pump schedule, this one you put in when you want to clean it, let it do it's thing, then take it back out? How often do you run it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.