Small SWG

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
My intex SWG isn't producing a lot of salt. I have a small above ground pool but the prices are insane. Any recommendations for a small SWG that won't break the bank. Everything I'm seeing is like near $1,000 The cheapest I saw was the solaxx one for $500. thank you. And something that isn't too complicated to hook up

The intex was the cheapest out there but they only last a couple years.. If you replaced it every 2 years it would cost the same as the expensive ones after the 3rd one but only get you about 6 years.. The more expensive ones last way longer.. There is no difference between an in ground and above ground SWG so both types will work in your pool... I have a 15k gallon Intex above ground pool with the RJ60k SWG connected running at 20% about 5 hours a day right now.. yes it costs some big bucks but it will last years, like 7 to 9 years...
This Edge 15 with the 10 dollar upgrade to the Edge 25 is 5 times bigger than your pool.. You could run it 4 hours a day at 100% or 8 hours a day at 50% and last for years and years..

All chlorine costs just about the same from Solid to liquid to SWG.. the SWG is paid all up front instead of as you go... 1,000 dollars divided by 7 years = 142 dollars a year for chlorine.. if it lasts 10 year it is 100 dollars a year..

The universal 25 is 50 bucks cheaper but does not have the 7 year warranty, only 4.. It does a little bit more chlorine per day..

Thanks - holy moly that's expensive. Plus I probably need someone to hook it up. Thankfully my pool is small enough I can manually add some bleach in the hot months. I figure at like $3 a gallon I probably go through 1 a week. I did buy like 12 bags of cal hypo shock at $.99 each on sale. My calcium is like 50 so I can use those as well.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.