Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

Here is hoping! I can tell you are still holding your breath though and understand why. VERY glad the PB is answering the phone and taking care of this! At least you can run the pump so that water keeps sparkling! LOL on he doing a double take when he saw your water...........bet he has not seen TFP water before!

Kim:kim:

Here is hoping! I can tell you are still holding your breath though and understand why. VERY glad the PB is answering the phone and taking care of this! At least you can run the pump so that water keeps sparkling! LOL on he doing a double take when he saw your water...........bet he has not seen TFP water before!

Thanks Kim. Yes, still holding my breath but do have a feeling it will work out ok. It does make me wonder how many people have leaks like this but have no idea. If we weren’t cut into a hill with a subfloor I wouldn’t have noticed the water loss at all. I very rarely go into our subfloor and it would have been like this since late May. We checked it today as I hadn’t been game enough since last Friday night. It is much drier though will likely take time to fully dry out and there is likely some water still making its slow trip down there. We have an industrial strength dehumidifier that I have turned on down there now that I know that the problem has been identified.

Tentatively happy. Pb thinks the leak is just under the edge of the slab. Should be an easy repair.

Hope this is so.... Just a minor issue then.

I swear he did a double take at my water lol. It was in all its glory in the midday sun and leaving the pump running last night gave it nice added sparkle.

TFP water for sure.... I noted similar with the various pool contractors visiting my place.

When the coping crew turned up a few weeks ago, their boss was somewhat surprised and mentioned how clear my pool water looked.... I said, 'What do you mean..?'

He then went on and explained how the majority of pools that they visit to complete coping on are usually filthy & green... :eek:

Hope this is so.... Just a minor issue then.

TFP water for sure.... I noted similar with the various pool contractors visiting my place.

When the coping crew turned up a few weeks ago, their boss was somewhat surprised and mentioned how clear my pool water looked.... I said, 'What do you mean..?'

He then went on and explained how the majority of pools that they visit to complete coping on are usually filthy & green... :eek:

Thanks, I hope it is so too. They will go in the side of the slab either way which is a relief. If it’s further in than they think they will do the internal patch. If it’s where they think they will be able to do a full fix with new pipe. Was well worth coming home to meet with him.

That’s funny that so many people have noticed your TFP water. I’m finding other peoples pool water disgusting since having my own pool. The strange thing is that it is so easy to look after. I don’t understand! I’ve had what I think are looks from tradies etc but no comments. Today was a definite double take from the pb I think especially considering my pump was off for four days. He was likely expecting a swamp. Little did he know I was running around like a mad women testing and keeping my fc up. Glad I did since draining seems to be off the table now. My pool will get the TLC TFP treatment this weekend. Need to add calcium and cya. Will give it a thorough brush etc too.

The strange thing is that it is so easy to look after. I don’t understand!

The thing is that it is easy, once you follow a proven method such as TFP suggest.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes: New pool owner > Has no idea regarding pool mtce > Visits local pool store for assistance > Follows advice from local pool store - ....and that is where the wheels can fall off.

When we were toying with the idea of having a pool installed everybody that we knew (pool owners and non pool owners) all stated the same line ie. They are expensive and time consuming to maintain.

Since stumbling onto TFP, I now know better and now know the truth behind what is involved as far as pool maintenance is concerned.

Like you stated, pool maintenance is relatively easy and what I would call relatively low cost.

BTW - Paving turned up today... All 70m2 Yay...!

Put yourself in someone else's shoes: New pool owner > Has no idea regarding pool mtce > Visits local pool store for assistance > Follows advice from local pool store - ....and that is where the wheels can fall off.

BTW - Paving turned up today... All 70m2 Yay...!

Absolutely! Had I not stumbled across TFP before building I would probably be in the same situation. Visiting pool stores with my little sample of water and spending too much money and time on it.

Yay for your paving turning up! A little welcome to spring present. I can’t wait to see it go down. It is going to really transform the whole area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim and Costas. All went as well as could be expected I think. Before I left for work he had already started jackhammering [emoji15] MIL was left in charge. Pretty sure plumber is scared of her. I was so on edge until he called me as promised when he finished at about lunchtime. We pretty much knew there would be damage to other pipes and or electrical given the location. The green earthing wire was severed and the light casing damaged but other pipes we think are ok. Full pressure test of the whole pool tomorrow afternoon. Electrician is coming out first thing to fix the electrical stuff. I sent pb an email early this am outlining my expectations for the repair. I didn’t hear back but things are moving smoothly atm. Only concern is the pressure testing and ensuring nothing was damaged today and that it was the only leak. I did have a concern about a pressure sided leak as well as a suction sided leak. Plumber is confident that I don’t have one. Damage could be much worse and he was quite tidy. Covered the glass pool fencing. Just a bit of dust and a few little bits of concrete on the bench which I swept to the bottom for Jeff to take care of.
f77a8cc76f966d6a3f524bd81ec35a13.jpg
5fe400f1a65d1fe4287a73bcb38ad95a.jpg
b4f859c3906115a98d369f96ad97c121.jpg
5de5f0defdb65e6a286f0f1aa9883fb1.jpg

Looks like they tried to take out as little as they could and keep it contained. :shock: SO close to the glass! Good job covering it!

LOL on being scared of MIL. Any properly brought up person will be "scared" of a good Mom!

He did well at keeping it contained. He was very reassuring this morning saying that he would go very slowly and it seems he did. He definitely took care of the surroundings. Glass fence and our new paint work don’t even have any noticeable dust on then. Still holding my breath a little until after the pressure test tomorrow but feeling better then this morning.

Lol at the MIL comment [emoji23]

Good to see they're getting right onto it and doing a good job. Really feel for you having to go through this though. I hope it's all a distant memory soon!

Thanks [emoji4] The pb has been very responsive and reassuring. His exact words to me when he met me here to discuss it were if I panic you panic and I’m not panicking. I think he probably was inside but it was what I needed to hear. Electrician and another pressure test booked for Monday. Concrete Tuesday. Paving Wednesday. He’s been in touch the with sealant guy who will come out once everything has set nicely. It really could have been so much worse and honestly has been resolved quicker than any other issues I’ve had with the build. I guess that’s what happens when you text your pb at 8.30pm on a Friday night telling him the pool is leaking like a sieve [emoji23] I am very grateful for how seriously and quickly they’ve acted.

Interesting thing is that the heat pump is now working insanely well since the leak was repaired in that pipe despite it not being a huge leak. The pressure test did blow out more debris from that pipe too so probably a combination of both helped. The weather is also warmer than when we first heated the pool but not by much. When it did it’s initial heat it took 3.5 days to get to temp. This time from a similar starting temp it was there in under 24 hours! I think I love my heat pump even more now.

I think I knew something wasn’t quite right all along but it was just a feeling until I found the leak. Now I feel very calm and confident that all is good... or will be. I was a bit concerned I might have let my fc slip but water was the last thing on my mind really. Nope. Err it currently sitting at about 20 so chlorinator is on 0% for a while. At least it’s below slam.

Our gut is something else. It does it's best to say "hey something might be off". As soon as we see even a glimmer of evidence of what is off we can jump on it and get the fix started! Well done listening to your gut! Now got heat that bad boy up and jump in!!!!

Our gut is something else. It does it's best to say "hey something might be off". As soon as we see even a glimmer of evidence of what is off we can jump on it and get the fix started! Well done listening to your gut! Now got heat that bad boy up and jump in!!!!

It certainly is Kim. I can’t explain it I was just on edge about the pool and waiting for something although had no idea what. It was right there the whole time but I hadn’t noticed. It heated and ready to go (minus some cosmetic issues). Meant to be a nice day tomorrow so I may just get in for the second time since May lol.

We had a beautiful day today but neither of the boys wanted to swim [emoji31] My little one is sick and my big one was off to a birthday party and sleepover. I was too busy to jump in myself.

Tonight putting the pool cover on I almost had to laugh at the contradiction between the beautiful calm water looking in one direction and the compete disaster the other. You could almost put music to it. Sigh. Not long now hopefully.

Cue peaceful uplifting music -
fb86cc48844fd6b93ddcd00551fb95f2.jpg

And cut to horror music -
66a5a54e86e36eb26aa058c2d2e1c422.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.