Sludge/Mud in drain prior to plaster

atlas5

Jun 1, 2020
OK
Hello all, had a quick question for those of you that have done this before, and I'm not sure I can believe what the PB will say. These pictures show the amount of rain and mud and whatever else has poured out of that cut off and since re-routed sewer line. I assume the liquid has found it's way down the pool drain because that is the low point and the pics show how much liquid was in there a couple weeks ago and is now dry. PB says plaster prep will clean the concrete, but I'm concerned about all that is now inside the pool drain plumbing. Is that a problem I should be concerned about? Thanks for any thoughts/comments, really appreciate it!

Attachments

• deep end after rain.jpg
    deep end after rain.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 41
  • deep end dried out.jpg
    deep end dried out.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 41
Is your equipment in yet? I am changing my idea.......fine the pipe that is for the main drain if the equipment is not hooked up and flood it with water. If the equipment is hooked up you can put the hose in the pump with the basket out but you will have to have some one plug the skimmer to mke the water go to the main drain.

I would dig out as much dirt as you can to help things along.

Okay thank you for the thoughts @kimkats , there is no equipment yet so hopefully I can have them isolate that drain pipe and blow it out before anything is hooked up. They keep telling me it's not a big deal but it seems like a big deal to me, especially considering that was a sewer line. @DMS2014 The extra pipes sticking up are for the in-floor cleaning system, I believe everywhere there is that little stub out is where an ifcs pop up head will go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.