Slightly cloudy water

Apas

Oct 15, 2018
Manvel Texas
Lately, after we swim, our water is slightly cloudy for several days. Water chemistry seems fine. I have been using the recommended Taylor test kit and feel like I’ve got the hang of it with the exception of the cya. I tend to test 2-3 times to check my accuracy (until I run out of the solution i mixed). I usually get similar numbers but never the same. For instance, in these numbers I took the average, because I got 90,70,80. After this test, I did add more chlorine to account for the higher cya but haven’t re-tested the chlorine level yet. Could the slightly low FC (based on cya) account for the mild cloudiness. It is mild. But I generally have crystal clear water.
Thanks in advance.

FC 5
CC 0
TA 110
pH 7.6
CH 350

Please replace in your signature that you use pool store testing with the model of Taylor kit you use.

Hazy/cloudy water is typically a sign of algae.

Remember, when doing the CYA test, you can pour the sample in the measuring tube back into the squeeze bottle so you can do multiple tries of the test.
Next time --
Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.