Slideshow

Hi everyone, here is a pic of my pool
50fcw8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Loving TFP!!! My pool and my wallet thank you. The best part is I found your website as I was investigating the chemistry. So right from the beginning I could discount the expensive advise from the pool store. Thanks TFP!

The slideshow was removed from the homepage for now. This feature was based on Adobe Flash and this was causing multiple issues for many members. We hope this will return in the future, however we don't have a timeframe when.

MexicoPool4.jpg

This is a photo of my completed pool in Mexico. It’s a small pool (Approx. 17x9, at it’s greatest length and width, Uniformly 5 ft. deep). We have an older, blind dog and the pool edge is raised to prevent her from falling in. The small white “dots” at the left and right edges are controls for massaging jets located in the pool just below the controls. There are large, tiled benches that you can sit on in front of the jets.

The top edge, fountain and round patio are surfaced in volcanic “Cantera” rock. The fountain is solid blocks of Cantera. It does not heat up even in mid-day sun, so no burned feet and you can sit along the edge without burning yourself. The interior is completely surfaced in 2x2 inch blue tiles with a darker blue border along the inside top edge. The outer edge has a “Talavera” tiled top beneath the Cantera, with a darker blue tile border below it.

The round patio covers a “vault” that houses all pool equipment. The entrance to the vault is covered by a hidden access opening using the same Cantera that covers the balance of the patio. I have six solar panels with no additional heating. Yesterday afternoon it was holding steady at 86 degrees. Behind the vine covered wall you are seeing the Sierra Madre mountains and Mexico’s largest, naturally occurring, fresh water lake - Lake Chapala.

The entire pool was excavated and built using only hand tools. Large basalt boulders found during excavation had to be broken up with sledge hammers to a size that workmen could then throw up and out of the hole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.