Slamming

LINY

May 23, 2016
Long Island, NY
We opened yesterday and firstly thanks to the wonderful advice in this forum my SWG pool was not in too bad a shape.. a little debris but I could see the bottom clearly even though it was cloudy in the deep end. I got the bleach in the pool after adjusting the ph (was 6.8) to 7.2 I checked my CYA and was at 50 so added some stabilizer in front of the return in a stocking and have now got it up to 60 I have maintained shock level over 24 as per. The chart. 24 hours later I'm currently at FC 25.5 CC 0 TC 25.5 the pool is clear of debris and I can see my vinyl clearly on the bottom it's overcast here so I can't decide if I am still a little cloudy or not (yes in 24 hours I am in shock!) so my question - slamming a swg on 60 CYA states it is not recommended but can't find a reason why on the slamming chart...so should I attempt to raise my CYA a little more and continue slamming or attempt an over night loss test? Thanks in advance.

FC 25.5
CC 0
TC 25.5
ph 7.2
TA 70
CYA 60

The reason is the high FC levels need a whole lot of bleach. Besides the huge amount to get up to shock level, losses to sunlight are also greater. Also a whole lot of FAS-DPD reagents. You're so far along now you need to keep going. After you pass all three tests simultaneously -- and that includes clear after brushing -- you can raise the CYA up then. It'll take a couple days for the FC to drift down and the additional CYA can be dissolving then before the SWG needs to come on.

Thanks Richard I was undecided whether to touch the CYA at the beginning I knew I had to tackle it at some point but stupidly realize now I should have left it till after I had finished slamming. School girl error. I shall learn for next time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.