Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, my recent testing results showed a CC of 0.5. FC 4.5, CYA 43, PH 8( just added more MA) ,Ca 300. TA 70.. The pool looks good, water is clear. My husband did note a small odor. I do not see any alge. Is a Slam indicated? Per your instructions I read that if your CC is .5 or above I should do a slam.
I normally keep my goal FC levels at around 6 daily. I am losing about 2 ppm Chlorine daily... My CC has always been zero until just recently. We have been getting a lot of rain from the Tucson monsoons this year.. Also I know it is not recommended but large amounts of Chlorine can be difficult to find. Could a Powder plus or something similar be used vs Chlorine to slam if necessary....Any tips are appreciated... Thanks, RD

Thanks Oly, I am using the Taylor TF 100 as recommended. CYA levels have been pretty stable around 43 the last few weeks. I will check all again in the am. I have never done an OCL but will give it a try. Does it need to be completly dark to take the evening sample or is sunset sufficient. It's hard to get a sample in the morning without sunlight on the pool. It's generally always sunny here in Tucson.. But will try to get one at about 7 am. Will that suffice?

CC of .5 or less is acceptable. It's possible the afternoon storms are impacting your CC a little. The OCLT is not a bad idea just to be safe. You do want teh testing done when there is no sunlight on the water. Good luck!

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.