Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, my recent testing results showed a CC of 0.5. FC 4.5, CYA 43, PH 8( just added more MA) ,Ca 300. TA 70.. The pool looks good, water is clear. My husband did note a small odor. I do not see any alge. Is a Slam indicated? Per your instructions I read that if your CC is .5 or above I should do a slam.
I normally keep my goal FC levels at around 6 daily. I am losing about 2 ppm Chlorine daily... My CC has always been zero until just recently. We have been getting a lot of rain from the Tucson monsoons this year.. Also I know it is not recommended but large amounts of Chlorine can be difficult to find. Could a Powder plus or something similar be used vs Chlorine to slam if necessary....Any tips are appreciated... Thanks, RD

Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thanks Oly, I am using the Taylor TF 100 as recommended. CYA levels have been pretty stable around 43 the last few weeks. I will check all again in the am. I have never done an OCL but will give it a try. Does it need to be completly dark to take the evening sample or is sunset sufficient. It's hard to get a sample in the morning without sunlight on the pool. It's generally always sunny here in Tucson.. But will try to get one at about 7 am. Will that suffice?

wireform

Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Well if you suspect anything that's an automatic OCLT. Just a FYI your CYA is considered 50 and target for that level is 6-8. Get the FC up and do the OCLT then your dilemma will be clear.

Reactions: Newdude

Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My numbers dropped from 5.5 to 4.5 on the OCLT test. So it appears everything is ok per your reference articles. Thank you for your help....

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.