Should chlorine drop test match daily chlorine test?

sdbpost

Oct 7, 2022
Bradenton Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
I'm coming off a successful SLAM and have been repeating the chlorine drop test every couple of days. It finally got below 10 so I also did a daily test just to compare them and am a bit confused. The FC is 8 and the CC is .5 (first time it hasn't been zero since the SLAM) but the daily test still is much darker yellow than the 8-10 color. Should they be equivalent?

The FC is 8 and the CC is .5 (first time it hasn't been zero since the SLAM) but the daily test still is much darker yellow than the 8-10 color. Should they be equivalent?

No. The color matching chlorine test is not accurate which is why we use the FAS/DPD test.

The color test just tells you is you have high clorine - golden color, low chlorine - pale yellow color, or no chlorine - no color.

Oops, I misread the labels. I have exactly the same ranges you showed and I've never picked up on the left column being for Cl and the right column for Br. I wonder how long my bottle of 871 is going to last if I can't rely on the daily test they provide.

I have exactly the same ranges you showed and I've never picked up on the left column being for Cl and the right column for Br
Nobody did. If they say otherwise, smile at them and know that they are a big, fat, liar.
I wonder how long my bottle of 871 is going to last if I can't rely on the daily test they provide.
It's great for letting go you know there's chlorine in the water. See how mine is pretty orange , it gets that way around 9 and then does a similar darkening like the yellow does. Whether it's a 9 or 11 really doesn't matter. I'm plenty above min for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.