slamming pool

Ok. I think we need filter time to get it clear. If you have a pressure gauge on your filter clean it when pressure rises 20-25% above the clean pressure. If you don't have a gauge just clean it periodically. When was the last time it was cleaned ?
Test your FC later today since your above SLAM level. If it's below 12 bring it back up. Just maintain 12 or a bit higher is ok until water is clear. ?

I don't know whether you'll be happy or disappointed to hear that what you're describing is normal.

Green to blue is usually pretty quick. It's that cloudiness that drives people insane. Like so many things in life, the first 90% of the work takes 10% of the time, it's that last 10% taking 90% that kills you. Anything you can do to boost the circulation - pointing a retutn at the bottom, brushing, filtering through the bottom via the vacuum head - will get those fine particles sucked through the filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good Morning I have been slamming pool for a little over a week. I can now see the bottom where I can see what I vacumm. I vacumm at least twice a day and then brush down the walls and bottom. I change the filter and if needed I backwash. Last nite my FC was 11 and my CC was .5 so I added 6 oz and 1 t of bleach with my CYA reading nothing last week. This morning my FC was 12 and my CC was 0. Even tho I can see bottom my pool still has this cloudy haze look. We haven't had much sun this past week don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe I am wanting too much too soon. Do I need to do a complete test on all or do I just keep slamming. And should I be aerating or keep it under the water. Does everything I have been doing seem correct?

Thanks for the help

Good Morning I have been slamming pool for a little over a week. I can now see the bottom where I can see what I vacumm. I vacumm at least twice a day and then brush down the walls and bottom. I change the filter and if needed I backwash. Last nite my FC was 11 and my CC was .5 so I added 6 oz and 1 t of bleach with my CYA reading nothing last week. This morning my FC was 12 and my CC was 0. Even tho I can see bottom my pool still has this cloudy haze look. We haven't had much sun this past week don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe I am wanting too much too soon. Do I need to do a complete test on all or do I just keep slamming. And should I be aerating or keep it under the water. Does everything I have been doing seem correct?

Thanks for the help
:goodjob: Making progress.

This is the agonizing part - waiting for the filter to catch up. Anything you can do to improve circulation so all that stuff ends up in the filter will help. So point the return down if you can, Orif the vacuum connects to the skimmer, leave it in the bottom tilted on its side so you drawing from the bottom and catch the stuff as it settles.

Is this the first night you passed the OCLT? If so, just open a can of POP. (Pool Owner Patience) I'd even suggest you can stretch your testing and redosing interval out to six hours or so....

If it hasn't cleared up in a couple days after passing the OCLT, then we can start thinking of flocculents or clarifiers. But they can make a mess out of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.