jenndue82

Jun 18, 2022
Quinlan, tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have finally gotten my Taylor 2006 test kit and am in the process slamming my pool because we never get a good FC reading and always have CC. My CYA is about 47 and the pool math app says my shock level is 18. I added the suggest amount of liquid chlorine last night and checked the FC early this morning and the FC reading was back down to 5. My question is did I need to add enough liquid chlorine to reach 18ppm again or just add enough to get it upto 8 or 9ppm?

Follow the SLAM Process
Your CYA is 50 (round up), SLAM Level FC is 20 ppm. You test FC and add liquid chlorine to get back to 20 ppm FC every few hours. Brush the pool daily.

My question is did I need to add enough liquid chlorine to reach 18ppm again or just add enough to get it upto 8 or 9ppm?
During the SLAM Process, you want it higher. We round- up the CYA, so consider it 50 with a SLAM FC level of 20. Did you remember to lower the pH to 7.2? If not, do that first, then you won't test the pH again until after the SLAM. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.