Slamming..have Qs

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Hi, experts. I started slamming due to stupidness - had cloudy water and algae.
So i started 4/4. I want to know if you guys think I am ready to do the overnight test.
Here are the results. A little whackadoodle but I was going off the TPT app additions of bleach and they were always more.
4/4 got to 20.

4/5 morning 17.5. Bumped
2 hours later 24
12:30 24
2:30 20
21 at 4:30
17.5 at 6:47 bumped
23 at 9 p.m.
April 6

7:30 a.m. 22
1:13 20
5:44 18 bumped

April 7
9 a.m. 21
11:41 20
3:46 17 (had a big rain storm. Bumped up with 1 qt, 3 c of 12% bleach)
As I said, the numbers at times were higher than 20 bc the TPT calc told me too much.

What say you experts? Turn the pumps off or keep going? Water is beautful and algae is gone

Can you explain that?
Each time I added chlorine from the TPT app calculator. I turned on slam. I had 3. It said 20. Each time it was lower, it told me like 1 quart, 3 cups 6 oz almost every time. The first time times bumped it to 22. I went with it twice and by the third bump just kept the measurements consistent so that everything would be equal.

DM,

You've clearly made good progress but I can't tell from the numbers you posted if you are ready. What is your cc? You can always do an OCLT test tonight to see where you are. You are done when all of the following are true:
Just a friendly suggestion: SLAM works every time when performed meticulously, don't be tempted to skip the brushing, or skip the tests. Can you please also post a full set of test results?

Chris

Each time I added chlorine from the TPT app calculator. I turned on slam. I had 3. It said 20. Each time it was lower, it told me like 1 quart, 3 cups 6 oz almost every time. The first time times bumped it to 22. I went with it twice and by the third bump just kept the measurements consistent so that everything would be equal.
CYA?

DM,

You've clearly made good progress but I can't tell from the numbers you posted if you are ready. What is your cc? You can always do an OCLT test tonight to see where you are. You are done when all of the following are true:
Just a friendly suggestion: SLAM works every time when performed meticulously, don't be tempted to skip the brushing, or skip the tests. Can you please also post a full set of test results?

Chris
Been so busy with work. Yes, all those things passed. No CCs at all. BUT the pool is doing the high Ph thing again - just like last year ....wish I knew why.

DM,

Work has a way of interfering with life sometimes. When you get a chance please post a current set of test results and our experts will see if they can help stabilize. It is normal for most pools to have pH rise over time due to surface and water feature aeration. TA also plays a key role.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.