slaming

John46

May 15, 2017
westfield,IN
Hi, I'm new to the forum but have had a pool for 10 years. Opened the pool last week for the season and found what i think is white water mold. Added some chlorine (7 gallons of 6% bleach) and no fc after an hour. I think a slam is in order. couple of questions. Should i do the slam with the cover closed? I'm thinking yes so i can treat the cover that is in contact with the pool water. Went out and bought 20 gallons, hope this is enough. Should i just keep adding until i get some chlorine to show up?
ph 7.3
cya 30
ta 120
The water doesn't look to bad and is getting better each day with just filtering,and scrubbing, backwashing, but not having any fc concerns me, even after 10 gallons added. I will attach a pic.
any and all advice/tips welcome, thx
john

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 41
When you opened, did you have any CYA in the pool at all or is the now 30 reading what you've added? How are you testing and when was the CYA test done? Welcome to the forum.

thanks, cya was 20 when i opened (from local pool store), i have a tf100 coming in the next day or so. Its up to 30 now ( as of yesterday)i assume from the pucks and powdered chlorine i added. Going strictly with liquid chlorine from here on out.

yes, chlorine date is fine. I even put the powdered chlorine in from the pool store. Usually do one bag or 10k gallon pool, used 4 bags, still no fc. Pump is running fine, filter also. Pressure went up about 4-5 psi, back to normal after backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.