SLAMing the Green Monster

Got back in town this afternoon to a crystal clear pool!!!!

IMG_4277[1].JPG
IMG_4278[1].JPG

Over the last couple of days my wife added 2 gallons of bleach 2x a day. Checked the condition of the pristine pool and the FC was 20, not bad!

Wed 6:30pm FC 20 added 3qts to get back to SLAM level of 24. Could actually see the bottom and was able to net out some leaves. Some gunk on the bottom that I am assuming was algae remains. I kicked it up with the brush hoping that the filter would grab it. If it resettles will vacuum tomorrow after work.

Wed 9:30pm FC 27 (not sure how I overshot it that far, must have lost my touch while gone!)

Will test again in the morning and see how it is doing. Feels like we are getting close!

Kids want to know if they can swim. What is the maxium safe FC level for swimming?

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

So let them go swimming tomorrow!

Reactions: Allaboutjeeps
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.