SLAMing and waterbugs

Oh cool. One might, you just don't know. Be prepared to hear "Don't use that" for a multitude of reasons, but one favorite is that "it increases your TDS" Which, is true, but so do all other forms of pool chlorine. It's also a useless number in almost any regard to pool care.

Hey, If I could buy good Liquid at the right price, I would go there to get it.

But I hear you and appreciate what you say. Not all Pool Stores are bad. I think you'll find the good ones as locally owned places. It's the big chains where you have the uneducated people working. Sometimes at the mom and pop shops too, but chains tend to be the worst offenders.

I've used 2 here one chain and the other privately owned and both were just throwing chemicals at me. Don't get me wrong, I kinda understand, it's how they make there money. But after reading up a little it seems they were going overboard and in my opinion abusing me. Not totally their fault, I was the one who didn't educate myself and allowed it to happen but as I get older I'm starting to learn knowledge is the best defense against just about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not agree more. As much as we dog pool stores, they exist because people are simply unwilling to learn some very basic things about pool care. Stores want to give the impression that it's all rocket science and voodoo, but it couldn't be further than the truth. When you are lined out, it's easier than a recipe in the kitchen. I swear that's the truth. There really isn't much to the essentials at all. It's SO easy with some knowledge and just a little bit of effort. It's people like you who pick it up and run that keep me coming back here to help. I love that. :goodjob:

Oh, and AZgirl who posted during my little diatribe. :joker:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
5:00pm
FC: 20.5ppm added 172oz 8.25% bleach (1 gal. & 5.5 cups)
Waters very clear. Think if it was sunny it'd be crystal. Modified steps, going to be filling 3" pvc pipe with cement tomorrow to weigh em down. So close I can taste it.

5/13 8:30pm FC:25.5ppm
5/14 6:00am. FC:26ppm CC:0ppm
Checked it twice this morning just to be sure. May go one more day while I finish the steps if the wife and kids let me.
95063706604e42749a95a2952b071992.jpg

You can check everything you want except pH. That has to wait for below 10 PPM FC, but there's no rush on any of it. You want to try running your Cya 40-50 to start. That's usually an excellent range for most non Salt pools. Passing the OCLT one more night would be a good thing, and if all is well in your pool organic wise, you won't be below 10 FC today. You can swim up to SLAM level of FC for your Cya, but if FC is higher, It's not recommended. It may be the lighting in your photo, but it looks like you have a little way to go for Crystal clear. When you can't imagine it being any more clear in bright Sunlight, then it's done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.