SLAM timeline

The lower part of the filter cracked due to age (the ring where the fitting would go. So on a pause till the part gets here. I will use bleach and manual agitation to keep the pool clean.

Meanwhile if anyone has a trick to get that part#12 clip into the assembly- please post. I can't figure it out. Inyopools was of no help.

Attached are picture of the old fitting and the filter housing (with small crack)

Attachments

• Pool filter.jpg
    Pool filter.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Basically that clip looks like it is in vertical vs horizontal in the old fitting. How to even get it in there I have no clue

Ok, here is what you do. Put the Ring with the threads onto the filter with the threads facing out. Push it all the way on. Put the split ring over the filter outlet, inside the threaded ring. The black outlet, in the first set of picks in your hand, then threads onto the threaded ring. You then plumb from there.

I hear ya- and see that I should be able to push the nut back- have enough space to slide the clip on (this will prevent the nut from coming off) and screw the fitting into the nut and plumb from there. But there is no way i see to do that. I am mechanically inclined and have done plumbing repairs before but I am sincerely stumped

Attachments

• Pool filter2.jpg
    Pool filter2.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 9
Thank you so much for finding that! So basically no need to put the plumbing fitting on till the clip goes in behind nut by snaking it in there. I will not try this until new base is here (looks like a one and done)- maybe that is what cracked the one side of the unit when I unscrewed it

I decided to have a pro come install it, rather than have more surprises. It will still be super tight on a horizontal installation and while I am good with PVC and measuring, it's better to have someone who does it all the time. The vertical kit sold by Circupool is there anything special about it?

I plan to add bleach as needed and manually agitate till Wednesday.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Final product- we decided to move filter on other side and move the Mosquito sprayer drum- Flow switch is on back long line. I moved the Circupool controller up tyo be under the eaves and have built a simple sunguard for the SWG cell.

Thanks to all for your help!

1631132495181.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What do u put in it?
A company fills it with natural based mosquito repellant- they don't tell me what it is. but based on website (under FAQ) its pyrethrum insecticide. When I moved I figured it was a scam but it works. I got off their auto refill every 3 months for $150 and have dialed the pump back so a tank lasts me a season for $150. here in Jacksonville i use these guys https://www.callthegman.com/

So the SWG rocks- I have it at 25% output running about 7 hours per day maintaining 4-5ppm FC. The PH (as somewhat expected)- keeps rising and appears to want to settle at 7.8- my preference is 7.2. This results in a bit of acid every week. Also the salinity drops a bit more than expected, not sure if this is a startup phenomenon but I have added additional 2 40 lb bags so far to keep it north of 3000 ppm salinity- each 40 lb bag adds 400 ppm salinity. I plan to add another today to go to about 3600 (currently at 3200)

Also the salinity drops a bit more than expected,
Your salinity will only go down due to overflow from rain or you draining the pool. So be careful adding salt. Always use an independent salinity test - such as the Taylor K1766.

I am using The Taylor K1766 (10ml test) and it mirrors the digital reading on the SWG. I do have cracks in the upper part of the pool tile which will "drain" the pool upon excessive rain. The drop in salinity was confirmed by the K-1766
- Started up pool at 3000ppm
- in 2 weeks have added 2 40 lb bags (800ppm) - the SWG did not complain about low salt but was confirmed by the K1766
- I just retested-3300ppm will repost in 1 week
Thanks!

I am using The Taylor K1766 (10ml test) and it mirrors the digital reading on the SWG. I do have cracks in the upper part of the pool tile which will "drain" the pool upon excessive rain. The drop in salinity was confirmed by the K-1766
- Started up pool at 3000ppm
- in 2 weeks have added 2 40 lb bags (800ppm) - the SWG did not complain about low salt but was confirmed by the K1766
- I just retested-3300ppm will repost in 1 week
Thanks!
Great. Please create your signature and add the test kits you use to it.
Duh!- thanks for the reminder

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.