Debbie17

May 18, 2021
Middleton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! New to TFP, First time pool owner, live in the Northeast, uncovered my green swamp Sunday. Prematurely my friend added 4 gallons of chlorine to the water before i had a chance to test. Couldn’t figure out how to run the equipment until last night. So I am ready to start a slam but don’t know where to start. I took a water sample to Leslie’s yesterday afternoon because I was too overwhelmed to try the Taylor test kit even though the blue box was staring at me. This was Leslie’s results:

FC - 3.68
TC - 4.71
PH - 6.6
TA - 34
CH - 133
CYA - 5
Iron - .1
Copper - .1
Phosphates - 1040
TDS - 300

so I busted out my Taylor kit this morning and after watching several YouTube videos I decided to give the FAS-DPD test a try. But my water did not turn pink after adding the powder.

I don’t even know what I’m asking at the moment but I guess I don’t even know where to start is my problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

so I busted out my Taylor kit this morning and after watching several YouTube videos I decided to give the FAS-DPD test a try. But my water did not turn pink after adding the powder.

I don’t even know what I’m asking at the moment but I guess I don’t even know where to start is my problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Not turning pink after adding powder is evidence of ZERO chlorine. Enter zero into pool math and go from there. Best to lower pH first, before going to SLAM as the pH readings are not accurate when FC is over 10.

Your pool will eat chlorine aggressively over first days, so be ready and test often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.